• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Excellent, Butch.
I don't have to do any cooking for the three places I'll be going.
Yay! :yum:

Good for you, PG. I will be cooking like a madman between today and then the kids and grandkids coming after that. Gonna be busy as hell but fun. Grandpa is usually the first one into bed at night. :yum::th_lmao:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yawn. 1 dad on 3 hours sleep + 6 restless kids excited for Christmas and arguing and tantrums makes me want to go get a hotel room for some rest.

Canadian eh!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Having guests over for a Christmas Dinner. I have the prime rib coming up to room temperature before cooking later today.

View attachment 107979
In my SRT Crossfire, I can be there by noon tomorrow. What time is dinner?

Today we are putting final touches on some remodel work and then NO MORE until after Christmas.

Cathy bought some lawn deer decorations I have to assemble and a new rug goes down in the Living room. Three loads of useless stuff goes to the Storage place for a month or two and we are ready for the holidays.

Tonite we go to the ZOO with the grand kids for the Christmas light show.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Christmas (and dinner) with Aimee's family was supposed to be this evening, but that got moved to tomorrow which means now I have to go there at 2pm, then to Ty's at 6, then I have to leave for work at 9:40. It's going to be a very busy Christmas Eve.

:dizzy:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Christmas eve will be quiet for us. Supper at my aunt's house then hit the 7pm mass. My son is serving and my wife is in the choir. I did the 5pm service last night. We had a baptism so it was a good crowd for our short service.

Don't know what it is this year. I can't wait for the holidays to be done. We did a tree inside but not much else for decorations. Maybe the fact that stores started pushing Christmas down our throats in early September caused a lot of people to be sick of it by the time it's actually here.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Some fat guy in a red suit broke into our house last night and messed up the living room. He even had the nerve to eat all the cookies and drink all our milk. I didn't hear anything so I went outside to check and there were animal tracks on the roof.

If you happen to see an older man with a white beard and red suit in your neighborhood, please be careful. Looks like he's going door to door making the same mess in everyone's house.
75fc46632bb6d8651915c5fc0035e292.jpg
9dc9f8b17d96d7a447e5a2ba97153d4b.jpg
1c684e398b3f797f639b0abbb582d3b5.jpg

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So!
I got to see my girls and give them their presents only after making several phone calls because their silly mother refused to take them to Ty's house because of his new lady and her kids being there.
Got it done! :thumbup:

Aimee refused to go to her parents for dinner because of Veronica , her brothers ex. They have a history which I recall quite well.
We're going there this afternoon to eat leftovers and so I can have some of Sophie's pasteles.

The best part of Christmas Eve was getting through all the drama and going to work!
Merry Christmas! Lol

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Same guy came to my place. Left packages allover the living room. However, nobody but me is awake .

IT's 10:00 for crying out loud. I want to open my presents!

The whole house is asleep including the Dog and four cats. Just me, my coffee and silence.

Best Christmas morning ever!

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Went about 90 miles to have an early dinner at a niece's house with her dad, mom and husband. Family is always fun!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Had a gorgeous Puerto Rican dinner made by our lively and lovely Norma Sophia.
This lady never sits down!
:smile:
Great evening I must say.
Her pasteles are to die for.
I liked the venison too.

20181225_161838-768x768.jpg

20181225_162602-768x768.jpg

20181225_161220(0)-768x768.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We did a Turkey dinner tonight. All presents are open. But all is not rosey and merry. Our youngest son is tiny to start with. He misses a meal and he's lethargic. Well, about a week ago he started looking run down and just sickly. Today he started throwing up lots and hasn't really eaten in two days. I had to leave our guests with the kids and drive him and my wife to the hospital tonight. They took blood did an ultrasound xrays etc. I'm waiting to hear the results but they suspect his appendix is bad.

Canadian eh!!!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We did a Turkey dinner tonight. All presents are open. But all is not rosey and merry. Our youngest son is tiny to start with. He misses a meal and he's lethargic. Well, about a week ago he started looking run down and just sickly. Today he started throwing up lots and hasn't really eaten in two days. I had to leave our guests with the kids and drive him and my wife to the hospital tonight. They took blood did an ultrasound xrays etc. I'm waiting to hear the results but they suspect his appendix is bad.

Canadian eh!!!

Brian, I’m so sorry.

He’s way to young to be in the hospital. Hospitals are for us old folks.

Jim

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks guys. Good news. It's not appendicitis. Not a flu. It's enlarged lymph nodes on his intestines causing flu like symptoms and also appendicitis. I just picked them up. They gave him meds to stop the vomiting along with some sugar products to boost his sugar levels. He's eating now.

Canadian eh!!!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks guys. Good news. It's not appendicitis. Not a flu. It's enlarged lymph nodes on his intestines causing flu like symptoms and also appendicitis. I just picked them up. They gave him meds to stop the vomiting along with some sugar products to boost his sugar levels. He's eating now.

Canadian eh!!!

:thumb:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

Canadian eh!!!
Good to hear Brian. Christmas is not a day for kids to spend at hospital.

Happy to hear he is better.:clap:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Presents are all opened, Kids and grandkids fed. Sat by our fireplace, burning the old oak we felled this summer, and just had family talk. The new granddaughter is a hoot.

We had gotten our son a 40 caliber Henry brass plate lever action with the Hex barrel. Smoothest action of any rifle I've ever seen. I've got a Remington model 94 and nice as that one is, it does no compare.

He gave me a bottle of 21 year old Glen Fiddich. Now there is smooth defined. :thumbup:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Survived another Christmas. Barely intact. Kids all seemed happy with their gifts. But they appreciate doing things for others. Even the act of bringing a simple plate of homemade cookies to firemen. It teaches them an appreciation for those who serve and protect us. It's definitely the highlight of my Christmas and something I look forward to every year.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Boxing Day morning to you!

Well, I found out this morning as of the beginning of the new year Ty is getting out of the towing business for now, and just working as a mechanic. No getting up in the middle of the night on dispatch.
7 years in a job that meant the world to him.

It'll be strictly 9-5 type job with a little OT now and then with weekends off.
The girls need him now more than ever.
I'm happy he's finally come to realize that.. and once again has a good woman by his side.
:thumbup:

Here's a very happy little girl.
My Maddie :smile:

20181225_213947.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I headed out bright and early for a quick trip to look for a new tv for the basement. The one we have now is 15 years old and the hdmi ports and av ports are intermittent. Time for a new one. I picked up a 45" smart tv for $299.

Canadian eh!!!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Recovering from Christmas. :yum: Kids headed home early this morning and I am heading to the grocery store to check for after Christmas deals on meats. Other then that, a quiet day.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm heading out to the garage to give the snowblower a once over. I haven't started it since the spring. It's an older 28" 10hp ariens. I need to make sure that it's ready for tomorrow's snow storm.

Canadian eh!!!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm heading out to the garage to give the snowblower a once over. I haven't started it since the spring. It's an older 28" 10hp ariens. I need to make sure that it's ready for tomorrow's snow storm.

Canadian eh!!!

You guys have caught a break so far. I have used my S-B about a half dozen times already. Not lately though. Been mostly rain last 2-3 weeks.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We've been hovering around the freezing mark for a month. No snow though. Barely enough to cover my ankles. I greased up and changed the oil. One pull and it fired up with fresh gas. I bought it used 18 years ago. Only money it's cost me was a new tire last year. I've never had the carb apart. Never used fuel stabilizer. And it hasn't given any problems. When we get a bigger house, we'll shop for a plow for the side by side.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The internal barometer just spiked. Wide awake at 4:30am with excruciating lower back pain. Too early for meds. Just have to tough it out a few more hours till relief. Our first actual winter storm is here. Predictions calling for a foot of snow. We shall see. So far we only have a couple inches. Our oldest son is heading west today with his mother for a week. They are driving 15 hours through the storm. I'll be a worried dad until they get there. Not for her sake but for my son. He's 14 and only sees her twice a year.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Wishing them a safe journey, Brian.

Looks like it's going to rain here most of the day, starting around noon.
I'm roasting a turkey today, doing a little shopping and laundry too.
I'm working Friday thru Sunday.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Heading to Defiance shortly to see my babies.
It might be a while before I see them again.
Ty and the lady are going to be very busy, the girls are being shuffled around.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Just came in from clearing the driveway again. I'm not talking about a couple inches either. I did it last night and it was a good 12" of heavy wet snow. Probably another 10" this morning.
67e5c59734f849f365bf3524b93c49c6.jpg
78aac89ab69707b52d8419b6d36779f6.jpg

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lmao. I don't mind the snow. I'd rather have snow than that damp crap we've had the past month. The snow takes the dampness out of the air and I feel better and can move around without as much pain.

Canadian eh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.