• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Nice climb in the market !

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
We still got a long ways to go ,but the market has done pretty well the last few business days . If you have not checked stocks in your portfolios in a week or two you may want to take a peek . :w00t2::w00t2::w00t2:
I know .... I know .... We are still way down .

I guy can hope:unsure: ....can't he ???

US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St add gains after Fed remarks

Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:26pm EST

javascript:singlePageView();

Market News

NEW YORK, Jan 28 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks added to gains on Wednesday, sending the Nasdaq up more than 4 percent, after the U.S. Federal Reserve said it is prepared to buy longer-term Treasuries if that would improve credit market conditions.
* The Dow Jones industrial average .DJI rose 202.31 points, or 2.47 percent, to 8,377.04. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index .SPX climbed 29.94 points, or 3.54 percent, to 875.65. The Nasdaq Composite Index .IXIC added 59.11 points, or 3.93 percent, to 1,564.01. (Reporting by Ellis Mnyandu; Editing by James Dalgleish

D

darroll

I'm scared to look.........
Tears could be dangerous to my keyboard.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm scared to look.........
Tears could be dangerous to my keyboard.

Probably either way its a bad idea . Tears of joy or tears of sadness . The key board don't know the difference .

Bamby

Any time companies have and announce mass layoffs the stocks always climb. I've watched it time and time again. I guess as long as they can keep finding people to fire you'll see keep it climbing. Sooner or later they'll run out people to fire and then I wonder what they'll do.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Any time companies have and announce mass layoffs the stocks always climb. I've watched it time and time again. I guess as long as they can keep finding people to fire you'll see keep it climbing. Sooner or later they'll run out people to fire and then I wonder what they'll do.

Huh ???? Can you list a few examples of this ? I usally see it as trouble for the Companys stock price . It usually means they are in a downward spiral situation or hurting for orders .

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Allen, hang on to your hat. I am sure the winds have just calmed a bit before the next storm. The winter of economic woes is only in the fall season and spring is about 2 years off from the info I am picking up on from world news sources. If you can ride out the storm 2 to 3 years at least, then a slow recovery will take shape with stock prices rising in 5 to 6 years close to the highs we have seen in the past couple years..... or so my sources tell me.

I am investing in durable goods, toilet paper, bullets and beans.....:whistling: