• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

San Francisco 49ers Pledge $500,000 to Push Suppressor Ban, Other Gun Control Measure

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
San Francisco 49ers Pledge $500,000 to Push Suppressor Ban, Other Gun Control Measures

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...asures/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

by AWR HAWKINS 26 Oct 2017

The San Francisco 49ers pledged $500,000 Thursday to secure a suppressor ban and other gun controls.
The push comes in the weeks after the Las Vegas attack. Suppressors were not used in that attack, but the 49ers are dedicated to banning the devices anyway.

According to ESPN, the 49ers presented the gun control pledge as part of creating a “more understanding and safer America.” The $500,000 will also be used to push a ban on bump stocks and armor-piercing bullets.

The ban on armor-piercing bullets is somewhat ambiguous, but appears similar to a ban which was unsuccessfully pushed by the Obama administration in 2015. The Obama-era actually targeted bullets that would have to be re-categorized as armor piercing in order to be banned.

On February 15, 2015, Breitbart News reported that the Obama-era push was directed toward M855 rounds for the AR-15. The rounds are fully legal under the auspices of the Gun Control Act of 1968, which bans handgun ammunition categorized as armor piercing. The Obama ATF attempted to apply the ban on handgun ammo to rifle ammo as well, even though the M855 round was one of the most popular AR-15 rounds for sporting purposes at the time. And it was precisely because of the round’s popularity that the NRA-ILA described the attempted ban as “a move clearly intended by the Obama administration to repress the acquisition, ownership, and use of AR-15s and other .223 caliber general purpose rifles.”

It appears the 49ers are ready to pick up where Obama left off, and they are joined by the Los Angeles Police Protective League, an LAPD union, in so doing. On October 26 Breitbart News reported that the Los Angeles Police Protective League is pushing for a ban on suppressors, armor-piercing ammunition, and bump stocks.

Suppressors are legal in over 40 states and are widely owned. Legislation to loosen the cumbersome acquisition process for the devices was shelved by House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.) two days after the Las Vegas attack, which happened to be one day after Hillary Clinton criticized suppressors.

AWR Hawkins is the Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News and host of Bullets with AWR Hawkins, a Breitbart News podcast. He is also the political analyst for Armed American Radio. Follow him on Twitter: @AWRHawkins. Reach him directly at awrhawkins@breitbart.com.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
As if I needed another reason to NOT watch the NFL ever again.

We were just invited for a weekend trip to Indianapolis to watch the Colts play over the New Years holiday. Immediately turned it down without even hesitating. Now teams, that already lost all of my respect, in a failing league that lost my respect and doing more to lose my respect? I believe they are committing suicide.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Now teams, that already lost all of my respect, in a failing league that lost my respect and doing more to lose my respect? I believe they are committing suicide.

I posted an article about their 18% decline in TV viewers. If they keep doing stuff like this they are headed for a 50% decline.

I don't remember if it was on here or another forum where I read the TV folks were discussing cutting back on Thursday night football.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
1 team is donating more to take away our rights than all the teams donated to save people from the fires.

That says a lot :hammer:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 4.55.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 4.55.20 PM.png
    134.4 KB · Views: 63

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I posted an article about their 18% decline in TV viewers. If they keep doing stuff like this they are headed for a 50% decline.

I don't remember if it was on here or another forum where I read the TV folks were discussing cutting back on Thursday night football.

I think that proposal has been bandied about. Eliminating 10 Thursday games since they believe that the problem cannot be them so it must be something else.

What they don't get is that it's about them being stupid and pissing off their customers.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Whoda thunk a biracial mental midget(no offense to midgets) would cause the inmates to be running the asylum!!
As for armor piercing bullets, given a choice of getting shot with it or an expanding bullet I would take the AP round because there's a good chance it will pass through with less bodily damage.
Mike

rugerman

So this shows it’s not just the over paid jocks that are the problem it’s the owners too. One way to change this situation is to contact the companies that advertise on tv in support of the nfl and let them know that you will no longer be using their products if they continue their support of these over paid jocks and team owners. Google nfl advertisers and then email them your intentions, the squeaky wheel gets the grease let them have it.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't know about you guys but I'm spending Sunday afternoon putting a few hours on my Kubota. :flowers:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
from "NO LAWYERS - ONLY GUNS AND MONEY"

http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com/2017/10/the-nfl-must-really-hate-their-base.html

The NFL Must Really Hate Their Base

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2017

The NFL Must Really Hate Their Base

First it was kneeling during the National Anthem. In that case the NFL decided to give the middle finger to middle America and support the kneeling players. No matter that no one else in America is usually allowed to engage in political demonstrations at work. The end result is that support for the league is plummeting, TV ratings are down, the stadiums are half full, and revenues are way down.

You will remember the protests started with the San Francisco 49ers and their then-backup quarterback Colin Kaepernick. Now it is as if the Niners' owners are saying, "Here, hold my beer. You ain't seen nothing yet!"
Now, they’re trying to set the league’s moral compass once again, announcing Thursday that they are partnering with big-city police unions to back gun-control measures, particularly to outlaw the “bump stocks” that significantly boosted the killing power of the shooter in the Las Vegas massacre earlier this month.

It seems insane to me that a citizen can buy something like that,” team CEO Jed York said at a news conference. “I’m not anti-Second Amendment, this is something that is common sense.”

The news conference was ostensibly to announce the 49ers partnership with various (mostly) California police unions to mitigate the acrimony between the police and some parts of the community. However, the majority of that news conference, according to the San Jose Mercury News, was devoted to gun control measures.

But much of the news conference at Levi’s Stadium on Thursday focused on rallying behind proposed federal legislation to ban the bump stocks, and advocating to outlaw armor-piercing bullets and gun silencers the unions contend are a significant threat to law enforcement.

Robert Harris, secretary of the Los Angeles Police Protective League, stressed that his colleagues were not trying to obstruct gun rights.

We are unwavering in our support of the Second Amendment. We also believe that common sense laws should be put into place to protect law-enforcement officers and the citizens they serve,” Harris said. “If as a country we hope to make any progress, it will take all of us to leave our comfort zones.

Pardon me Mr. Harris if I raise the bullshit flag over your "unwavering" support of the Second Amendment. Those armor-piercing bullets are nothing but normal rifle bullets used in your average deer rifle. As to silencers being a significant threat, I guess it is okay for your "only ones" on the LA SWAT teams to use them to protect their hearing. However, bearing in mind that they only reduce the sound signature of a firearm by 25-30 decibels to about the level of a jackhammer, if the rest of us unwashed who pay your salaries and for whom you work want one to protect our hearing, then you have a sick idea of what constitutes a "significant threat".

The 49ers will be donating $500,000 towards "public service" ads and will be encouraging other teams to donate to the effort. How much of that content will be on gun control and how much on improving police-community relations remains to be seen.

The one voice of sanity seems to be Pastor Jason Reynolds of San Francisco's Emmanuel Baptist Church. He is rightly concerned that the addition of gun control to the equation will diminish the larger issue of the relations between minority communities and the police.

“I’m concerned because technically, gun control was not our issue. I don’t want us to lose the larger narrative. Our concern was for communities of color who have dealt with issues with law enforcement, and how we overcome that.”

I think David Burge - Iowahawk - nails it with this tweet about what is happening.

Adopting support for gun control by the NFL will be the final straw. I suppose some of Mayor Bloomberg's Demanding Mommies are football fans but I doubt there are enough to make up for those that will be lost by supporting gun control.

If the 49ers and, by extension, the NFL, think gun rights organizations aren't paying attention to this move, they are sadly mistaken. The Illinois State Rifle Association sent out both email and Facebook notices this afternoon.

POSTED BY JOHN RICHARDSON AT 7:29 PM NO COMMENTS:
LABELS: GUN CONTROL, NFL, PROGRESSIVES, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

Attachments

• IMG_7187.PNG
    IMG_7187.PNG
    39.7 KB · Views: 34

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
O heard a couple days ago that Knick has signed a million dollar book deal.

I added Random House to my list of businesses I won't support.