• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

ebay 1959 st-4 $14,000

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
this popped up today ebay#
221314343839 $14000 buy it now

listing says 1959 with 1200 cc VW.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure what he might smoke, but this cat isn't way over priced IMHO. It has disc brakes and is nicely modified into a tall cab model with a roof hatch. Not to mention it looks to be in excellent condition. With all who are looking for Snow Trac's my bet is this nice machine will be gone, and pretty soon too. JMHO about this Snow Trac. It will make some one very happy.

Regards, Kirk

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
running gear needs checked out. if it is a two ban track .were the grousers replaced? and with what? Engine size?

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I think it's over priced . no heat and gutless 1200 cc engine you really can't find parts for the cab mod is nice. ands it does look well cared for but in my opinion it's about 4 t0 5 k over priced.

Whipper

Yes , I think its a little over prised too. As for the 1200cc engine I have 3 in the shed .all parts for the engine are available. If and when I get a track , I thinking of a 1776cc engine.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
i'm running a 1776 with single port heads it's all the motor you need.the smaller motors were prone to overheating, yes some parts are interchangeable with the 1600 other's are hard to find and can bring a premium price. when I see a dredge with a smaller motor I just tell them that it's a throw away motor because some parts are hard to find and can be expensive. the 1600 based motors with fresh air heating is the best way to go you will have lots of heat and plenty of air to cool the motor.

AR-addict

I think it's over priced . no heat and gutless 1200 cc engine you really can't find parts for the cab mod is nice. ands it does look well cared for but in my opinion it's about 4 t0 5 k over priced.

I am finding the few available to be all over the place as far as price...some fair, most silly high.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
There is a poorly painted dark green one at a Chicago area car dealer for at last check $25K..... One here I believe did bring $15K or close to it a year ago. Nice ready to run units just seem to bring $10K+ in the lower 48 IMHO. Project/rebuilder examples are lots less. JMHO.

Regards, Kirk

Last edited:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
that green one is sold. that chicago land broker has another green one listed from an estate out east. I think it was 16 K last time I looked.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
where do these people find buyers like that for 16 k I would be able to let little red go to a better home.