• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bench Seat Ideas Wanted

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anybody have a suggestion on where to find a bench seat for the Tucker that is approx 44" wide?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Might want to look at a salvage yard for a bench seat for an older car/pickup truck. Worst case you might have to recover the seat.

Mtn-Track

I couldn't find a bench to replace mine that I liked and was comfortable, so I went with 2 Corbeau seats for a Yamaha Rhino. The fit was perfect for the width and they are really comfy! I had the rear benches re-done by a custom auto shop with seat foam instead of the rats nest filler and they also matched the front material.

Attachments

• 10-10-10-013.jpg
    10-10-10-013.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 205
  • 3-31-2011 001.jpg
    3-31-2011 001.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Took a measurement at lunch today and here is what I found:

Once the tank is back in I only have about 18" to the parking brake. 44" for with and plenty of height. The setup it had was a vinyl covered back cushion to lean agains the tank which is angled like a back rest then two 4" foam vinyl covered cushions on a wood frame.

Think I will need to make a similar setup. Metal frame to get it up off the floor about 5 or 6 inches then 6" foam bench seat.

Tried to use some other seats but they are all too wide.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I made my own seat for my backhoe. Used the foam from a good couch cushion and cut it to shape with the electric knife and covered it in some material from Joanns that was rated for outdoors and artic temps. Damn stuff cost twice as much as any the wife ever bought but it has held up great. It was in a camo pattern. Put it on a 3/4 " piece of plywood.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
look at those fold down seats that are in the extended pickup cab.

Short bus

Factory front bench seat in my 1644 is made of angle iron and plywood
the hardest part to make would be the sliding track. It would be easy enough to build. I would farm out the cover. It has three seat belts but not room for three men.