• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My latest stock picks !

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
To stay up with inflation ......
I like good dividend stocks . Not looking to make a killing , just a nice return .

5 Preferreds
JPM.E JP Morgan PFD E 6.3% (Banking)
DDR.K DDR Corp PFD K Retail REIT 6.25%
LHO.I LaSalle Hotel PFD I 6.375%
WFC.T Wells Fargo PFD T 6.0% (Banking)
HTGX Hercules Tech 6.25% Senior Note due 7/2024 (Business Finance)

5 Common Stock
VZ Verizon 4.25% Telecommunications
COP Conoco Phillips 3.6% Energy Oil
KMI Kinder Morgan 4.8% Energy Transport / Pipelines
KRFT Kraft 3.8% Food
SO Southern Company 4.9% Electric Utility

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
I like slow steady growers, too. Not a fan of preferred shares (don't fully understand how they work).

That KMI pick could be a screamer. They just announced that KMI is buying out KMP, KMR and EPB. They're projecting a 15% divie increase next year and 10% annual divie growth for 5 years after that.

I like SO too, but I already own DUK and I don't want to be overweighted in utilities.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
We will see how it goes . My broker really likes them all . We made one change as I already own a bunch of Kraft so I jumped onto McDonalds .
Hoping to see a big correction in the market soon than I will turn around when it bottoms and invest dollar for dollar in more stock that I already own . Good insurance

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
MCD is another great pic right now, since they've been beaten up over their 2Q earnings report. Once they have a good quarter, it will eclipse $105. Look at what Intel did once they beat the analysts' estimates.

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
KMI @ $42.50 in pre-market trading (up over 17% since Friday close of $36.12).

Kane

The Obama Jobless Recovery has been very, very good for the investment house and the Big Banksters. Thank you, Ben Bernanke.

Alas, the greedy Banksters are at it again, tho, working hard to create bubbles of bad debt.

Which one will pop first? Who knows; probably student debt. When will it pop? Who knows.

In the meantime, enjoy the returns.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't dabbled in the stock market for quite a while. I've been in a hold and ride it out mode.

Like JPR, I don't fully understand "preferred shares" so experience has taught me that if you don't understand it, stay away from them.

I've a meeting set up with our broker in September for some culling and reinvesting though it should be a minor adjustment. I'm relatively happy with the way things have been going.

Wish you (and me) luck. :clap::clap::clap:

Kane

It wouldn't hurt to buy a little silver at $20. The world is so fucked up it's sure to go back to $50 any time.