• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bludgeoning & hitting vs. cutting & biting

Gunsrus

I'd like to point out the pros and the cons of striking somebody with or without a solid object and stabbing them with a pointed ones. I used to think the club was king and the knife a vicious disease that had to be conquered, but now, I've changed my tune because of personal life experiences.

To begin with, whacking someone with an object may not leave a mark and for all but the heart or spine, most brusing does go away and most bones mend properly if the victim ain't too old, but concussive force sure can cause damage to the brain that might not fully heal, if the impact is hard enough. A knife can cause damage, but it ain't gonna cut through the skull unless some serious sawing is done.

I know knives have greater chances of penetrating deep and doing more harm than a blunt object, but you gotta aim for the right place and thrust or cut hard enough to get to the right target. Same goes for scratching, and as for biting, you really gotta clamp your jaw down hard on the flesh to do serious harm to somebody.

What are your opinions on the matter?

Last edited:

Gunsrus

I agree with the above but in a life or death situation, use what you got.

However, I am slightly uneasy that you sit around thinking of these things.

It ain't my intention to make nobody uneasy. If anything, I like to explore stuff to know best how to make life tick. Fights are like lights - they come on and go off. My mother had a fall 4 years ago and hit her head on the road. She made a partial recovery only and to this day, she can't walk without a stick and needs an arm to help her fo long distances, cause she doesn't have the confidence to walk on her own. She has to avoid loosing her temper or she has minor strokes and she's on meds that she's probably going to need for the rest of her life. That's why I'm saying that impact is more deadly than piercing.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You should have used the Mom story before you attempted to sound all badass.
Your whole story would have been less umm biting.
:rolleyes:

Gunsrus

You should have used the Mom story before you attempted to sound all badass.
Your whole story would have been less umm biting.
:rolleyes:

I did say what I was writing was based on personal experiences. I just wanted to present the items in question before I went deeper.

Had my mother cut herself, she'd have had a scar, but she wouldn't have suffered any brain damage. Same goes for boxers that end up with vision problems or worse.

With that in mind, can we stick up for the use of blunt force?

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I had a closed head injury and still have seizures. But I suppose that if one is fighting a "bad guy" that wouldn't matter.
Just remember that even if you feel that your "defensive" (?) actions are justified you may very well be prosecuted for them.

Gunsrus

I had a closed head injury and still have seizures. But I suppose that if one is fighting a "bad guy" that wouldn't matter.
Just remember that even if you feel that your "defensive" (?) actions are justified you may very well be prosecuted for them.

True, if your life is in danger, it does make sense to use what you can to defend yourself. I ain´t going to deny that our lives are precious to us, and that which threatens them, has gotta be dealt with by what can preserve us. I take your point well.

On the other hand, there are the close encounters of the mutual kind, in which nobody involved wants to kill the other person/people. I would say that for the participants to avoid accidentally harming each other, scratching and biting, or wrestling would go a long way in preventing head injuries or serious damage to the internal organs. Marks might be left and might never fully vanish, but they´re just surface blemishes compared to the really awful things that can happen to the human body.

Felines, canines and other animals with sharp denture and built in knives, so to speak, live this way of life every day and I think they´re the better off than we are. Ain´t never heard of no clawed animals sustaining blows to the head in a fight. We could avoid brain trauma if we followed their example.

In which case I go back to my original comment, "use what you got".

Okay, then, would you say that if you got leftovers of food or some trash off the ground like in an alley fight like the one in They Live with Roddy Piper and David Keith, it´s alright if you take it and shove it in your foe´s face to try and get the better of your opponent? I´m talking about a non-life threatening situation, which is what I´m aiming to discuss in this thread.

I personally am against that kind of shit. It´s dirty fighting and it´s humiliating. Ain´t no telling where that food or residue´s been and how long it´s been dumped.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Okay, then, would you say that if you got leftovers of food or some trash off the ground like in an alley fight like the one in They Live with Roddy Piper and David Keith, it´s alright if you take it and shove it in your foe´s face to try and get the better of your opponent? I´m talking about a non-life threatening situation, which is what I´m aiming to discuss in this thread.

I personally am against that kind of shit. It´s dirty fighting and it´s humiliating. Ain´t no telling where that food or residue´s been and how long it´s been dumped.

You're starting to worry me again???????

Gunsrus

I'd not worry about a thing.
He's dug himself into a crazy corner that makes no sense.

Crazy is taking a hammer and smashing someone's head in for the thrill of it. I want to objectively weigh the merits and dangers of the blunt weapon and the sharp one. I have presented my views and my concerns quite reasonably and I am looking for different viewpoints with the aim of better understanding the nature of the rock and the knife

So I don't see where you're coming from sweetheart.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You can sit around and wait and keep coming back to this thread.
I'm done with it.
Go troll or fish elsewhere.

Gunsrus

You can sit around and wait and keep coming back to this thread.
I'm done with it.
Go troll or fish elsewhere.

I meant no insult when I said sweetheart. I thought I was following casual american etiquette, but I apologise since you apparently took offense. I'll avoid making the reference again.

I admit I am fishing, but with good reason. I'm seeking the thoughts of others on this matter because I don't want my interpretation of the matter to be the only one. I value mine, but not everything's about me.