• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

washingtin forest trails

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
This is in Washington and we need snowcat input!!!
snowcats are being overlooked
send an email.

DNR is developing a trails policy

6ab4fb8b-0a4a-4050-b10e-4c1a65ab864a.jpg
DNR is currently developing a Recreational Trails Policy, which will help it to continue managing natural resources while providing a broad range of sustainable recreation opportunities, including hiking, horseback riding, mountain biking, motorcycle and ATV riding, and 4x4 use.

A Recreational Trails Committee, made up of 17 volunteers from various recreation interests and communities, is working collaboratively with DNR staff. The Committee had its second public meeting at the end of January.

Stay tuned for future policy developments. Visit http://1.usa.gov/1sDJMso for updates and ways to get involved. DNR expects to adopt the policy this fall.

Email
Send us an email during the project and share your comments. The email address for this project is trailspolicy@dnr.wa.gov.

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
This is in Washington and we need snowcat input!!!
snowcats are being overlooked
send an email.

DNR is developing a trails policy

6ab4fb8b-0a4a-4050-b10e-4c1a65ab864a.jpg
DNR is currently developing a Recreational Trails Policy, which will help it to continue managing natural resources while providing a broad range of sustainable recreation opportunities, including hiking, horseback riding, mountain biking, motorcycle and ATV riding, and 4x4 use.

A Recreational Trails Committee, made up of 17 volunteers from various recreation interests and communities, is working collaboratively with DNR staff. The Committee had its second public meeting at the end of January.

Stay tuned for future policy developments. Visit http://1.usa.gov/1sDJMso for updates and ways to get involved. DNR expects to adopt the policy this fall.

Email
Send us an email during the project and share your comments. The email address for this project is trailspolicy@dnr.wa.gov.

That link is broken:doh:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
that link is 9 months old and the closing of the roads are in the finale stages now.
you can still contact this person for the mt baker Snoqualmie national forest.
Karen Chang
North Bend Ranger District
902 S.E. North Bend Way, Bldg 1 , North Bend, WA, 98045
kchang@fs.fed.us
she can tell you what is closing and wants input on why the should stay open.
all my info that I have is the greenwater area and may not help many.
jim

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
Hello Marc,

My name is Chris Sporl and I am the National Travel Management Program Manager for our Washington Office located in Denver, CO. I manage our motorized recreation program for summer and winter use and I’ve been asked to respond to your earlier e-mail message shown below:

I own a snow cat for personal use and would like to continue to use it on forest service roads (public lands) that have snow on them. Please take a moment to consider snow cat usage in the up coming discussions related to the land use. Snow cats and snowmobiles should continue to share the same trails used today.

Sincerely, Marc Johnson

First, I would like to thank you for continuing to stay engaged with over-snow motorized recreation on National Forest lands. Snow cat use on National Forest lands is still legitimate mode of travel during the winter months on open designated routes that aren’t width restricted (i.e. 50” less width trails) and areas open for over-snow cross country travel. With our recent revisions to the FS 2005 Travel Management Rule addressing over-snow vehicles, you shouldn’t see many, if any differences for operating snow cats.

I would like to know where you are located, so I can give you a local recreation manager contact to continue working with. Look forward to hearing from you.

Chris

USDA USFS
Chris Sporl, RLA
National Travel Management Program Manager
Forest Service
Washington Office
p: 303-275-5168
c: 720-684-8278
cfsporl@fs.fed.us
740 Simms Street
Golden, CO 80401
www.fs.fed.us