• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Attention Wal-Mart shoppers…

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
It appears that Wal-Mart is seriously considering offering E85 fuel at many of its Wal-Mart and Sam's Club locations nation wide.

Brandon: Attention Wal-Mart shoppers…

Jun 13, 2006 9:53 AM
By Hembree Brandon Farm Press Editorial Staff

What the oil companies won’t do, Wal-Mart may. The world’s largest retailer said last week it may offer ethanol-based E-85 fuel at nearly 400 of its gas stations in the U.S.

Although company officials say they’re not making a definite commitment, they obviously have been studying the situation carefully. At a Washington meeting that included industry, government, and academic sectors, Wal-Mart execs discussed ways to develop an infrastructure for supplying E-85 fuel to stations at its stores and Sam’s Clubs.

“We are absolutely considering E-85,” said Kevin Gardner, a Wal-Mart spokesman. “We’re looking to work with the business community to identify strategic partners to further our efforts in the alternative fuels arena. We’re looking at and considering a lot of things, but we just don’t have anything to announce right now.”
The full text of the article is available here.

Personally, I believe this is one of the few times that a publicly available corporate policy by Wal-Mart is a good thing. Any and all alternative fuels are going to require a leap of faith (i.e.: a cash investement) by large corporations and/or governments. Offering E85 nationwide helps to break the Catch-22 situation of consumers desiring alternatives, but there being no supply, and retailer(s) offering it, but not seeing a visible demand market. Perhaps as more people can purchase flex-fuel vehicles due to wider fuel availability, the true viability of ethanol can be explored and verified/refuted.

HGM

Personally I think its a waste of time... It costs more(last I heard) and gets worse economy, no benefit for me... My truck is flex fuel capable(all Ford 3.0L have been for many years), even if the cost was the same, due to the decrease in mileage its a lose-lose situation in my opinion.. Wait till the people that dont know any better put that stuff in their non-flex vehicles.. Hope the fuel pump suppliers can keep up:pat:

HGM

Here's another concern, I had'nt heard of before.. And, honestly I'm not so sure its as bad as they make it out to be, but something to think of none the less..