• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1968 Tucker 542, new project

Sno-Surfer

E318F782-4E00-422A-ABF5-DC4780BDE9E2.jpg

Here it is on its maiden voyage. I want to ride in the back and see how it is. I did notice how nice it was to be dry back there. My poor kids are always sitting on snow! Visibility is great too.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for sharing that. I saw the cover setup and was hoping you'd provide some information on how that came about.

Very Nice is a big understatement!

Sno-Surfer

I don’t want to spoil them right with heat you know...
but yes I’ll probably have heat back there eventually.

Also wanted to add that the material we used is very similar to an inflatable dingy. Not the same but similar. Got it from Seattle fabrics and it’s an 18oz vinyl coated polyester.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have to say, that really has me rethinking some things on my project . . .
What is on your deck before the seating box is put on?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I have to say, that really has me rethinking some things on my project . . .
What is on your deck before the seating box is put on?

It was just a plain old flat deck tucker with the side pockets for the stakes with a plywood floor, under the seats is storage

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, got it. The re-varnishing pictures show it hollow all the way thru the seat section, so was curious what was used to keep the snow out.

Sno-Surfer

Before the canopy the back would get snow in it. The storage under the bench seat would stay pretty dry though. There is full length storage under both bench seats. Hope that answers the question.

Sno-Surfer

Ok not a great shot and I know you can barely see it but two times a year the Tucker really blends in with its surroundings.
I can’t say I’ve done a darn thing to it though since last year other than start it a couple times. I hope that doesn’t bite me later this winter but I think we’re ready for snow. Fall has been amazing here. Dry and sunny everyday but I think it’s going to change pretty quick.
Too early to start the snow dances?
Looking forward to another winter of Tuckering around with you all. ?

80912CC9-8C6E-4A39-83EA-2D57C9C8D3F7.jpg