• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker Hydraulic Pump

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
With the motor on the stand I am looking at the pump. The pulleys are not inline which is due to the pulley pushed too far on the key way.

As I look closer I see the cracked outer and behind it looks like the pulley is cracked.

I believe it is a Vickers? orig or not who knows.

What does the end aluminum piece do some sort of retainer? Where do I find a new one?

Attachments

• IMG_1142.jpg
    IMG_1142.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1143.jpg
    IMG_1143.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1144.jpg
    IMG_1144.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1145.jpg
    IMG_1145.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_1146.jpg
    IMG_1146.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 121

Dr. Zaugg

What you are looking at is a "DODGE" coupling. (Not associated with Chrysler). It looks good to me the CRACKS are intentional. To move or remove the pulley you take those three bolts out and screw them into the OTHER three bolt holes and EQUALLY tighten them in. it will separate the pulley from the hub and everything gets really easy to take apart. This is also how you will correct the alignment of the pulleys.
Paul

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
Be very carefull if it's stuck tight looks like a cast piece and will brake easily. Probally tapered too.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
DODGE SDS 3/4 turns out to be part number. QD bushing which sits inside the pulley. as you tighten the screws the wedges on the shaft. Thing was broke in have. Pulley good.

ebay new one on the way.

Thanks

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good idea to plug/cover up all the fittings to keep critters and shop dust/ grindings out of the lines and pump or it may be another trip to eBay city.