• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Japan = Katrina?

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I put on CNN for a moment, and believe, me just a moment, but CNN is talking to Japan being like Katrina! I can't wait to hear how the Japan situation is ultimately a result of Bush. I had to switch away and go on the internet for updates on the Japan situation.

And then my own observation, in every picture I see from Japan, the rampant equivalent lawlessness to NOLA is so apparent. NOT!

fubar

Hey, thaks a good point!! You don't hear of vandalism, looting etc. from Japan, or I haven't anyways.

I'll bet you find these are some of the factors:

Children are taught at an early age to respect others, and the universe does not revolve around them.
AND
Laws are inforced in Japan

:wow:so simple!!!

mak2

Japan is a much bigger disaster than Katrina. At least I was just telling my son I think it is.

RedRocker

Earthquake, tsunami, nuke melt downs, yeah, I'd say it's worse.
Of course if you're on the receiving end of either one the difference
wouldn't be noticeable.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I put on CNN for a moment, and believe, me just a moment, but CNN is talking to Japan being like Katrina! I can't wait to hear how the Japan situation is ultimately a result of Bush. I had to switch away and go on the internet for updates on the Japan situation.

And then my own observation, in every picture I see from Japan, the rampant equivalent lawlessness to NOLA is so apparent. NOT!

Agreed.
The Japanese citizens are conducting themselves in an orderly and quiet fashion, trusting in their government to get them through these catastrophic times.
They need a lot of love and prayers from the rest of the world right now.

mak2

An American English teacher that has lived in Japan for 20 years was being interviewed on Fox or CNN (I was at the Y and just dont remember which one), but he was pointing out a cultural difference between us and the Japanese. In Japan he said they talk around (bad) issues and the person you are talking to is suppose to figure out the bad news. We Americans are very direct. That would kinda explain how the Japanese government kinda says it is bad, but not really. Yet they have atomic plants blowing up. I dunno, dont seem too good to me.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I was watching Fox earlier, and have been watching it throughout the events unfolding.
There was a gymnasium, or some such large facility housing the people on beds made of blankets.
There were the elderly, children and folks from any age group.
They seemed resigned to what is happening right now, and appear to be facing it, come what may.
I think it's part of their cultural upbringing.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I was watching Fox earlier, and have been watching it throughout the events unfolding.
There was a gymnasium, or some such large facility housing the people on beds made of blankets.
There were the elderly, children and folks from any age group.
They seemed resigned to what is happening right now, and appear to be facing it, come what may.
I think it's part of their cultural upbringing.

I agree PG , it struck me odd that part of their cultural upbringing includes learning not to show any fear in any circumstance and that was what amazed me while watching a lot of those video's as to how calm most seemed to be .

That being said , I have stood outside & took pics of lightning & a few tornados to where my wife called me an idiot . But I would have been scart shitless seeing that type of devastation in person . :4_11_9: