• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Missing Mom

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Rusty posted a beautiful piece on Mothers in here.

This will be my first Mother's Day without my Mom.

It's the Happy Place forum, so that means there is no sadness, just memories now of a lovely woman who raised 5 kids, plus a step.
She was the best Mother anyone could ask for.
She was stern, yet gentle, and she was beautiful. Physically beautiful until the day she died.
She had a killer sense of humour.

She was a good cook, loved Dad with a passion that burned (yes, they were hot for eachother for all those years until Dad died. He used to sweep her up and kiss her and we'd clap and giggle when he'd come home on leave).

She was so many things and put her family above all else, always.
We came first.

I used to think I had more of my Dad's personality traits, but as I age, I realize I am more my Mommy.

She was a class act, and I miss her. :flowers:

For all of you who still have Moms living, hug them and make them feel that love this Sunday.

For those of us who don't.. remember that they were the one who carried you, loved you, shaped and molded you.

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Good post PG!!! I can't be with my mother on mother's day and won't be with my wife either since she left for Saskatchewan ahead of me to look for work and find a place for us to live while |I stay behind with the boys till they finish school.

Because I won't see me mom or wife on mother's day, I took them both out for a nice dinner when I got to the city on Tuesday.

I was very close to my grandmother and this will be the first mother's day she won't be here.

May God bless all the mothers out there.

This one's for all the guys out there who can't have their families together for mother's day.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jm5gfuT9Z4"]YouTube- Lonestar - I'm Already There[/ame]

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Coming up on 3 years since my mom passed. Do miss the phone calls and sending flowers. She loved when I would gather up the boys and show up on mothers day mornings to surprise her. We often walked the beach and chatted about life and the paths it led us on. Miss her, but know she had a good life and passed peacefully. Thanks for posting this as it has been on my mind lately.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
There is seldom a day go by that I don't talk with my Father or Mother. They live forever in my mind , thoughts and heart . Moms been gone 15 years now and Dad is just over a year

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
There is seldom a day go by that I don't talk with my Father or Mother. They live forever in my mind , thoughts and heart . Moms been gone 15 years now and Dad is just over a year

Al I feel the same way my parents are both gone and I ask my self more and more and more WWTD (what would they do) when I get in a circumstance that I am pondering.

tom

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter

Same here Al , there never really gone unless they are forgotten . I talk to mine several times a day Moms been gone for 25 years & Dad about 18 years .

Both passed away in the hospital from being misdiagnosed from different causes & both way to young as far as I,m concered which has a huge effect on me when it comes to docters & hospitals & I refuse to go to either under any conditions .

I just have to be very carefull working around the property & when I,m doing something thats even the slight bit dangerous , I can here both of them saying ( Be carefull Dumbass ) :flowers:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
2189258qi3hr971vi.gif

“All that I have ever become I owe to my angel mother.”- Abraham Lincoln

Proverbs 31:25-31

She is clothed with strength and dignity;

she can laugh at the days to come.

She speaks with wisdom,

and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

She watches over the affairs of her household

and does not eat the bread of idleness.

Her children arise and call her blessed;

her husband also, and he praises her:

“Many women do noble things,

but you surpass them all.”

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;

but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

Give her the reward she has earned,

and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

Trakternut

You were in my thoughts today, PG. I hope you found solace in tme memories of your mom She was a helluva lady!

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
My mother passed away almost 25 years ago, but I still talk to her often when I have quiet time.