• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Blown up Bombi Sprocket

79bombi

Site Supporter
I was heading to the gas station last night on the road. A couple of inches of snow on the road. I was in fourth gear and kaboom. I saw pieces rolling down the road in front of me. The left sprocket exploded. I was able to limp home with the one tooth of sprocket left. At my driveway it gave way and I was not able to make it up the driveway with only one workable sprocket. I replaced these sprockets about 4 years ago. Hopefully nothing in the differential is screwed.

Has these happened to anyone else? About to call and see if there is any kind of warranty.

79bombi.

brianf

are your tracks tight enough, there is quite a bit of track roll at higher speeds between sprocket and front idler, maybe sprocket hooked a couple of grousers , I have had better luck with O/E bombardier sprockets they are only around $200 and wear out long before breaking.

79bombi

Site Supporter
If anyone else has ideas on where to get replacements, oem versus aftermarket please let me know. My old ones were aftermarket.

In retrospect I did have a broken grouser which may have led to the destruction of the sprockets.