• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol 601 SN 122

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup.

P5260428.jpg

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Congratulations, Bob :clap::clap:

Looks like a good one !!!

Gonna tell us more ???

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
It runs.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNTLbdvwme8"]YouTube - Thiokol 601 SN 122[/ame]

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Just where the hell have you been? haha!!
Let me collect myself, then I'll watch the video lol

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
:D impressive 'cat!
More importantly, impressive dash there on your part.
Still, I coulda beat ya to the door.:whistling:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Bert Parks said:
"There she is, Miss America.
There she is, your ideal.
With so many beauties
She took the town by storm,
With her all-American face and form.

And there she is!
Walking on air, she is!
Fairest of the fair, she is!
Miss America!!!"

601 SN 122 - Front.jpg

601 SN 122 - Left Side.jpg

601 SN 122 - Rear.jpg

601 SN 122 - Dash.jpg

601 SN 122 - Cab RtoF.jpg

601 SN 122 - Cab FtoR.jpg

weatherby

That is one VERY nice cat:thumb: You must feel pretty happy in finding that one. GREAT pics also. What do you know about the engine, because it appears that the original has been removed and another 223ci put in.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
That is one VERY nice cat:thumb: You must feel pretty happy in finding that one. GREAT pics also. What do you know about the engine, because it appears that the original has been removed and another 223ci put in.

Yup, and I'm tickled #FFC0CB#! SnoOps and Mainer were bearing down on her, but I e-check'd her out from under their collective schnozzolas! :clap:

Can't say much about the engine. It is a bugger to start, and that's why they sold her, but runs great once heimliched to life. :thumb: While I'm tinkering with her tomorrow in my secret desert location I will see if I can find a number on the block. :17875:

Also, no 'weatherby restoration' in this girls immediate future. She's in such great shape that a little tweak and sweep should be good enough for now.

weatherby

Yeah when you can get one from under one of those guy's you've done something, but you hit the jack pot this time. I say I think the engine has been swapped because that valve cover style was used on 223ci motors before 1960 or between 1954 to 1959 from what I have learned, but ALL 223 motors are very good motors:thumb:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
There's only one thing wrong with it though. It's not red and doesn't have 4 tracks. But other than that, it sure is a step in the right direction from all those Krustis you've got.

csteinman

I got a couple of questions about the 601:

How do you set the ignition timing, since the crank pulley is impossible to see?

What carburetor are you using? I have rebuilt my Autolite 1100 (actually a Motorcraft 1940) but I still have a hesitation when I rev the engine.

I've been replacing some old rusty and broken parts.