Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Off Topic Forums > Travel Forum

Travel Forum Check out the "2008 Vacation Posting Contest"

Old 06-15-2017, 01:55 AM
Gold Member

Thanked 1,767 Times in 959 Posts
EastTexFrank will become famous soon enough
Default I'm Sad and I'm Happy

I mentioned in some other thread on here that my wife wanted a new RV and had found one that she liked.

Well, she had a cat scan last Friday but when she got the all clear it was time to move on it. I swung past the dealer on Monday and it was still available. We went in today to work out a deal and it was SOLD to a guy from Washington State who was coming in this week-end to pick it up. Who in the name of the Good Lord, buys a RV, sight unseen, on the other side of the country. I'm sad and disappointed that I didn't get to fulfill her dream of owning that RV. It saddens me to have to let the lady down like that but there was no alternative.

On the other hand, I'm happy to have saved a bucketful of money. I think that, in order to cheer myself up, I need to go spend some of that saved money on something ... anything. I just haven't decided on what yet. No, I'm not looking for suggestions.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne as JB Books in "The Shootist".
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EastTexFrank For This Useful Post:
Doc  (06-15-2017), jim slagle  (06-15-2017), mla2ofus (06-15-2017), TiredRetired (06-15-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 07:18 AM
Ford4Thought

Thanked 5,150 Times in 2,230 Posts
TiredRetired has a spectacular aura aboutTiredRetired has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: I'm Sad and I'm Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexFrank View Post
I mentioned in some other thread on here that my wife wanted a new RV and had found one that she liked.

Well, she had a cat scan last Friday but when she got the all clear it was time to move on it. I swung past the dealer on Monday and it was still available. We went in today to work out a deal and it was SOLD to a guy from Washington State who was coming in this week-end to pick it up. Who in the name of the Good Lord, buys a RV, sight unseen, on the other side of the country. I'm sad and disappointed that I didn't get to fulfill her dream of owning that RV. It saddens me to have to let the lady down like that but there was no alternative.

On the other hand, I'm happy to have saved a bucketful of money. I think that, in order to cheer myself up, I need to go spend some of that saved money on something ... anything. I just haven't decided on what yet. No, I'm not looking for suggestions.
If it was sold, it was sold. End of that story. However, time for a new story.
Doc  (06-15-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 10:40 AM
Forum Admin

Thanked 7,050 Times in 3,037 Posts
Doc will become famous soon enoughDoc will become famous soon enough

Don't spend all that saved money. I'm sure she'll find another one, more expensive of course ....so you are best to keep saving and be ready for some other new RV

Other Fun Forums:

Net Tractor Talk + Net Tractor and RTV Talk + Net Cooking Talk
Old 06-15-2017, 10:41 AM
Bronze Member

leadarrows is on a distinguished road

Offer the buyer a profit. Most people would love to make 500 bucks and save the trip.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:57 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Don't spend all that saved money. I'm sure she'll find another one, more expensive of course ....so you are best to keep saving and be ready for some other new RV
There is another one with a floorplan that she likes but it is built on the same F450 chassis with the same V10 gasser that we already have. I was looking forward to driving that M2 Freightliner chassis with the 8.9 liter Cummins and Allison transmission. It was a whole different animal from the one we already own.

I met the sales manager this morning in the coffee shop and he says that he is due another delivery from Dynamax in August sometime. Every time I talk to him about it I get the feeling that the price just went up.

So, I'll just sit around and count my money and wonder just how long I'll be able to hold on to it.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne as JB Books in "The Shootist".
Old 06-15-2017, 11:08 AM
Silver Member

Thanked 2,806 Times in 1,165 Posts
FrancSevin has a spectacular aura aboutFrancSevin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexFrank View Post
There is another one with a floorplan that she likes but it is built on the same F450 chassis with the same V10 gasser that we already have. I was looking forward to driving that M2 Freightliner chassis with the 8.9 liter Cummins and Allison transmission. It was a whole different animal from the one we already own.

I met the sales manager this morning in the coffee shop and he says that he is due another delivery from Dynamax in August sometime. Every time I talk to him about it I get the feeling that the price just went up.

So, I'll just sit around and count my money and wonder just how long I'll be able to hold on to it.
Wishful thinking dude. It's OK to dream but the reality is you are married to a woman. (Which all things considered, ain't such a bad thing)

That money is gone when she finds the ONE she wants. And you sir, will be more than happy to make her happy.

That's how the system works.
Doc  (06-15-2017), jim slagle  (06-15-2017), jimbo (06-15-2017), NorthernRedneck (06-15-2017), TiredRetired (06-15-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 12:21 PM
Ford4Thought

Thanked 5,150 Times in 2,230 Posts
TiredRetired has a spectacular aura aboutTiredRetired has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
Wishful thinking dude. It's OK to dream but the reality is you are married to a woman. (Which all things considered, ain't such a bad thing)

That money is gone when she finds the ONE she wants. And you sir, will be more than happy to make her happy.

Again, wise words of wisdom from Franc.
jim slagle  (06-15-2017), NorthernRedneck (06-15-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 01:14 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post

I know it and she knows it. I've spent 40 years of my life trying to keep the woman happy and contented. For the most part, I've succeeded. It's just that in the old days it used to be a lot cheaper.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EastTexFrank For This Useful Post:
FrancSevin (06-15-2017), jim slagle  (06-15-2017), NorthernRedneck (06-15-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 03:02 PM
Gold Member

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,408 Posts
NorthernRedneck will become famous soon enough
Style: T66

LMAO. How do you think we ended up with a new camper. I was happy with what we had for a couple more years. She who must be obeyed suggested a bigger camper. A week later I was hauling the old one to town to empty it out and load up the new one.

Remember. As a man, we're all in this together. Lol
The Following User Says Thank You to NorthernRedneck For This Useful Post:
TiredRetired (06-15-2017)