• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

roughwoods

SUPER Site Supporter
:wave: just wanted to say hi. I don't have much time for this forum stuff.but it sure is fun!

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hang around here long and you'll find time.............

Welcome and enjoy! :thumb:

BTW.......Looks like we share the same Birthday..........:tiphat:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Why not tell us a bit about yourself, what brought you here, and how you found us. We don't bite. Well most of us don't. Got to watch out for WorkingWoman, she scares me. :eek:

roughwoods

SUPER Site Supporter
I found this site on the snow trac web site.I have four st4 snow tracs,live in Nenana AK and need more snow,if any one has any they can spare you can send it to Alaska.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
roughwoods said:
I found this site on the snow trac web site.I have four st4 snow tracs,live in Nenana AK and need more snow,if any one has any they can spare you can send it to Alaska.

Have any to spare?? I haven't seen much more than an inch all winter. The tractor and I haven't been intimate since I quit mowing in Sept.

Welcome to FF

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome roughwoods! Hope you enjoy our forum.

Now someone from Alaska asking for snow. That is a first!! :)

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
roughwoods said:

Christer's site, while excellent as a resource, has unfortunately not been updated in a year or more. I think we've already posted more information on this site in a few weeks than he has on his, although he does have some stuff we don't (yet) and we have posted many new things, especially in the articles area. Something tells me that this is the premier new Snow Trac site on the internet. And I can assure you that there is more planned for not just Snow Trac people, but everyone else who posts here.

Now let me ask a silly question. Are you from the "Roughwoods Inn" in Alaska that serves a dish called MOOSE-LIPS?

roughwoods

SUPER Site Supporter
Re: roughwoods

Yes we are the ROUGHWOODS INN with the moose lips.For some reason we don't get into pastry making as much in the winter,so we only make them for special occasions;but we have them every day during the summer.We also have moose nugget cheese cake now, this is another special treat to injoy!Our web site is www.roughwoods inn.biz.In the winter I spend my time running snow tracs,but this winter with not much snow it is real rough on the trail. I will try to get some pic of my snow tracs posted one of thes days

later.

roughwoods

SUPER Site Supporter

I am trying to put a pic of my snow trac on here,hope it works this time.

Attachments

• Larry's toy.JPG
    Larry's toy.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 181

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like your photo post worked! The Snow Trac also looks to be in great condition. What do you use your Snow Trac(s) for? Business or Pleasure?

BoneheadNW

Just my luck, I would go to Alaska, ask where I could get some moose lips, and then get thrown in jail for soliciting! :bling:
Bonehead

roughwoods

SUPER Site Supporter
We use the snow trac,s for business.We have tours from Roughwoods inn in Nenana to our cabin on the Kantisna River .about a 75 mile run one way.and just for fun to.We have a halfway stop on Totec lake,We have plans to build a cabin on Totec Lake next year ,so we will be huling a lot of stuff out there with the snow tracs. Darn that means i,ll have to run the snow tracs more!!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
How long does it take to make the trip to the cabin? Is it a full day trip to go there and back? Can you post some photos of the trip? Or could you post one of your brochures for us to see?

By the way, the link you provided above to your Roughwoods Inn does not work! :eek: Can you post a new link for us?

roughwoods

SUPER Site Supporter
:weneedpic It takes one long day to get to the cabin on the Kantisna River.I will try to post pic later as soon as I can find them.Try http://www.roughwoodsinn.biz small case letters.We are still working on our web site,I dont have much time to ride this puter,to busy ride,n snow tracs!! Larry.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter

roughwoods said:
Yes we are the ROUGHWOODS INN with the moose lips.
Ok I'll Bite . What the heck are "moose lips" and why are you using my ex wife's nickname ????
Big Al:coolshade

Last edited by a moderator:

roughwoods

SUPER Site Supporter
I am sorry to hear about your ex-wifes condition,sounds like a ruff way to go thru life having a nic name like that! Moose lips is a cherry or blueberry filled pastry.We use donut dough,shape them to look like moose lips and deep fry them then roll them in cinnamon and sugar. These are real good when you are running snow tracs and stop for a coffee break,set and watch the northern lights and eat moose lips
Larry.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds awesome Larry. Your words paint a pretty picture. :)

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks for answering my question . They do sound like a whole lot more fun than my ex wife was too !

On another note we have something which may be similar on the island in Panama where I have a vacation home . It is a coconut bread called "Johnny Cakes" . I can make a breakfast meal out of one of these things ! HMMMMMMMM good!!! The children walk a mile to our place and wait for us to wake up so we have them while they are still hot ! At 20 cents a piece no one is getting rich . Lord do I miss that place ,right about now .
Allen