• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Factory Restored 55 443

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Think there are some super secret parts and modern upgrades on that tucker. Still half of a new one easier to maintain and way cooler. No offense to modern tuckers.

Bet this would last a life time of recreational use with little basic service.

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think this machine will and should be in a private collection. This level of restoration is way beyond being wasted running around in the woods. Watch Mecum Auto Auctions and you'll see 50 year old cars detailed like this bringing even more money and this Tucker is a lot more rare. It's in a different class than our freshly painted daily drivers.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I know that everything was restored, engine, axles, transfer case. This should be the Sno-Cat to have.

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't have the money, but if I did, I would have bought this tucker, the one on CL a few days ago (just for the truck) and have been set. A ground up restoration on this type of rig I figured for closer to 100K U$.

But then, if I had that much money, I would own an excursion and have a henchman with an orange classic suburban.

Jeffsno27

Got to take that 55 in the snow! Purrs like a kitten I would hope that when it finds a new home it will be taken out and enjoyed! hope you like the pics! I'll be back on the other page soon things are pretty busy here!

IMG_6798.JPG

IMG_6815.JPG

IMG_6831.JPG

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very cool. Cabin looks like a unique spot. Looks right at home there . Can you buy it from yourself ?

MountainTime

Been admiring that machine for a while. So sweet. I agree -- offer posters of that beauty in the snow.

All I would be able to do with that machine if I bought it would be to stick it in a climate-contolled plexiglass room and worry about it and drool over it.

Thank you for sharing the story of this machine with us.

SICK!!!

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Glad you guys took it out and used it as it was meant to be used!

The third pic immediately reminded me of this: http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2009/10/29/cats-that-walk-on-snow/ . That then got me thinking that if you guys are wanting to move the '55 out the door, you should list it w/ Hemmings and have a link to this article. It would probably hit a bigger market of affluent buyers looking for something different. But if I hit Powerball tonight . . .

Holy snow load on that roof! I'm sure built & designed for it out there, but doors & windows wouldn't open with that on my roof!

nice cat------I did a 66 from the bare tube chassis up----I had to fab all new tin the only thing I reused from old body was the roof and tin around the windshield my trucks were al. and they were in sad shape ---very worn---I reworked them also----its nice when you own a sandblasting co. and a great fab shop-----factory trained for imron paint--i thought the hood would be hard to build but it was easier than the side panels by the motor that meet up with the hood---they have a slight curve to them---It was fun showing it at car shows(that it won)lol-----my cat did have updated tracks (rubber with steel)every cat I do I always fab a visor for them----I didn't get 75 grand for mine----lol---iam in upstate ny and there is another guy around here that has a web site tims something ? he is into cats he had to slam my cat on the net because of the tracks after he came for a ride in it-----thanks buddy---lol-----here is the sad part to the story after I sold it------- check back tomorrow----I type to dammmmm slow-----there were pics. on cooks web site----not sure now with new owners

so one day I get tired of playing with my cat---so I put it on e bay and sell it a week later---a guy out west buys its a week or so later a trucking co. shows up to pick it up----he has a low deck with a goose neck ---- I drive it up on the trailer and as I go to get out for the last time he says can that thing climb the frt end up on goose neck---o hell yes---lol----so I do ----he chains it down and as he pulls away I look at it and say to my self---------its not going to make it---- it didn't----he hit something low on the way there taking the top off---- I have see it for sale a couple of times on the net----someone did fix it but never repainted it left it in primer always remember-------the only good cat is a dead one----except for a Sno-Cat----ive brought many back from the dead

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Been admiring that machine for a while. So sweet. I agree -- offer posters of that beauty in the snow.

All I would be able to do with that machine if I bought it would be to stick it in a climate-contolled plexiglass room and worry about it and drool over it.

Thank you for sharing the story of this machine with us.

SICK!!!
are you listening to what you are saying you are starting to sound like a Kristi owner.

MountainTime

No, I'm a newb and I'm the same about everything I own, from homes to cars to whatever.

My forum name should have been EntropyH8r.