• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

FOR SALE! 6 Bombardier B12's from gov't auction!

B12 Coach Pilot

gsa auctions has 6 Bombardier B12 snow coaches for sale. The auction ends on 2/13!! Here's my attempt to a link and search "bombardier", but its probably better to google.

gsaauctions.gov/

undy

No. Go here: http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/gsaauctions/ Then enter a search for "bombardier", and you'll find 'em.

Low bids so far, but the ones I looked at all stated stuff like:

1966 BOMBARDIER R-12 SNOW COACH, 8CYL, 350, GAS, TURBO 400 AT,. DIRECTIONS TO THE ACTUAL LOCATION OF PROPERTY: 4.6 MILES NORTH ON HWY 89 FROM SINCLAIR STATION IN GARDINER MT. MAKE A RIGHT TURN AT PAPESH RD. THE ROAD WILL CURVE LEFT UP THE HILLSIDE. KEEP ON THE MAIN DIRT ROAD UNTIL YOU COME TO HOLDING ARE OF THE XANTERRA PARKS & RESORTS VEHICLES. ANY RIGHT TURNS BEFORE THAT AREA TAKES YOU INTO PRIVATE PROPERTY OF OTHER HOMEOWNERS OFF OF THAT DRIVE. (PLEASE NOTE: (INOPERABLE-TOWAWAY) PARTS MISSING; NO BATTERY; BODY RUST & DENTS; FADED PAINT; LEAKS OIL; ROUGH INTERIOR; SOLD AS-IS, PRIOR TO BIDDING INSPECTION OF THE VEHICLE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. INSPECTION BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. SUCCESSFUL BIDDER MUST REMOVE VEHICLE NLT FEB 29TH 2016, EXTENSIONS WILL NOT BE GRANTED, NO EXCEPTIONS) (DD1580-16-S07) 14851860070007

THE CONDITION OF THE PROPERTY IS NOT WARRANTED.

B12 Coach Pilot

I don't think they are related. The Quebec listing is a nicer paint job. The other listings are for the Yellowstone Park fleet. They are similar years 65-69ish, and were in service for years. They have the same yellow paint style from the factory. Federal regulations make them obsolete for emissions and sound quality. That's why the gov't is selling them.

oldsledz

Not related. The machine for sale in Quebec I believe is sold. He has 4-5 machines. I see him allot at the Bombardier rides that we go to Quebec.

oldsledz

The machines in the GSA auctions are R-18's. I have one and it weighs about 5000 lbs. R-18's were made from 1952 to 1978 with 431 units and I believe 10 were made in 1981 for a customer special order.

B-12's were made from 1941 to 1951. They have the wooden body and a steel frame. Bombardier made 2817 units. My B-12 weighs about 3400 lbs.

R-18 is 78" wide and B-12 is 60" wide.

Leadejon

GOLD Site Supporter
I dont think and great deals were had. They went a little steeper then i thought, I figured around 10thou a piece. since they are not running sitting out in sticks, Or am I way off in my price?

undy

Mike,
I'm seeing they went for: $15,600, $15,900, $12,200, $11,900, $11,350, and $9,751.
Go to Browse By Status, then Closed Auctions.
P

Leadejon

GOLD Site Supporter
They were old Yellowstone machines from what I understand, they have not been run in years and all been sitting outside. I think I'm always being cheap when look at this stuff.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-16-08-14-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-02-16-08-14-09.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 2,545