• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Rocks

k-dog

I've been making the parking area in my driveway larger to park my various trailers. In the course of doing this, I've accumulated a lot of rocks from fairly small to 2 tons. I've been drilling them and using Dexpan which has worked quite well. I probably have several large dump truck loads of rocks and decided I needed to get rid of them so I posted them on Craigslist for free. I've gotten quite a few responses. Funny thing is people want to use them as decorations and I'm trying to get rid of rocks in my yard.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Greetings from the Granite State !!

Pretty hard to give rocks away, here.... better off finding a use for them like stone walls.
If you have them broke up, they should stack well :)

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Big rocks for lawn ornaments are $100 per ton here in this area.

Like puppies, some times there is more interest if the perception is there is value. In other words, not for free.... :whistling:

Regards, Kirk

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Big rocks for lawn ornaments are $100 per ton here in this area.

Like puppies, some times there is more interest if the perception is there is value. In other words, not for free.... :whistling:

Regards, Kirk

I found that years ago. We were have a yard sale and there was a box of what we regarded as useless sh!t and I put a "free" sign on it. Toward the afternoon I changed the sign to "50 cents". It was gone in 15 minutes!!
Mike

k-dog

I had 4 people come to get rocks and only one person had a truck. The others had SUV's and one had a E-250 van. One lady asked me if I could load a big rock (around 2 tons or so) in her SUV. I told her that I could load it all n there but it wasn't a good idea, but I couldn't help but laugh. I hauled a load of them in my dump trailer for another guy.
Even the people who were getting the smaller rocks (20-50 pounds) they had no concept of weight as they would say they had more space but seeing their vehicle sagging, I would tell them they had reached their weight limit. I have a couple of guys coming tomorrow with a skid steer and a large rollback to get several of the rocks. I hope they chain them down good.