• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I've Got A Date!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup. It's been 6 years since I've actually gone out on an honest to goodness date with a man.
He's someone who is part of a construction crew who have been doing a massive renovation at the facility where I work.
For the last couple of months he's been stopping by and chatting with me on his way around the place- there is simply an attraction there.
He asked me for my number and said he'd like to call me sometime.
Sometime was this morning.
Dinner tonight. Woo hoo! LOL

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
sweet! have u got butterflies yet~:w00t2:have a great nite. & of course, ur a female. thus, u know the usuals. a 'lil vino, maybe.

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Once again, you dim the hopes of half the guys here whilst at the same time reminding us of what a great gal you are.:clap:

Have a good time and,,,,,,,,,,, don't get arrested.:clap:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Joe is a very nice guy!
Of course I already knew that, but going out with him was certainly interesting.. and different.
When he'd called me this morning, it took me by surprise. I thought sometime meant "in the future."
He said "you have today off correct?" I said yes.
He said " are you going to be hungry for say, spaghetti and meatballs?"
I told him I was always hungry for spaghetti and meatballs lol
So we met at a place in Celina and had a very nice meal and talked a lot.

He is 51 years old, has a son in his 20s and a 3 y/o grandson and a daughter (19) who still lives at home with him.
He lost his wife to ovarian cancer 5 years ago, so we had much to talk about there, about losing a spouse.
He hails from Kalida which is very near here- owns horses and is active in his church - St. Michael's.
He drives an orange Hummer and has been farming just about all his life with his Dad and brothers too.

It was a nice time.
So glad I got to know him better.
He is gentle, quietly funny and very intelligent.
He asked me if we could go out again, and I said sure.. why not?
He kissed me on the hand before we parted and said "thank you for saying yes".

He told me I was somewhat different than what I am when I am not at work.
Geez, maybe it's because I am more relaxed.. or it could have been the Chianti..:unsure:

:yum:

Awww, thank you all for the well wishes!
I really had a good time! :D

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It looks like this.

8003051.jpg

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Oh no, it's a fake Hummer! :yum:

Well, nevermind. I won't get into it in this thread. You had fun with someone that you can relate to. THAT'S what matters :D

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh no, it's a fake Hummer! :yum:

Well, nevermind. I won't get into it in this thread. You had fun with someone that you can relate to. THAT'S what matters :D

If you say so Rusty.
I don't know what you mean by fake hummer and why that's so funny.

You already got into this thread.

Yes, I had fun with someone I can relate to, and it mattered very much to me.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Soooooo...he's a HUMMER, huh?:brows::brows: Does that make ya a little :w00t2:??

Sorry, the devil made me do it.:yum: You certainly didn't expect me to be serious.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Really nice to hear you finally got "out of the office" and spent some time with a simpatico adult. :flowers::clap: You deserve some
happy-time!!

I'm betting all the single guys on here are just a bit saddened by this, however. Even if they never would have met you IRL
while you were not dating they could at least dream! :brows: