• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Wife and I drove up to Lake Champlain to have lunch at our favorite local sea food restaurant to celebrate our 44th anniversary. Yes, that is right, she has put up with me that long. What a saint she is. A wonderful woman. :thumbup: Awesome day, but that water sure looks cold. :yum:

lc.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Happy anniversary

The usual slew of appointments this morning followed by a trip to the police station for digital fingerprints that were required by the social services agency in order to adopt our foster daughter. What a process that is. Digital fingerprints. Criminal records check. References. A home study. Long assed questionaire. And if she wasn't already living with us, the process would be even longer. They would want her living with us for at least 6 months before starting anything. At this stage, it will still take close to 8 months to complete the adoption.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Happy Anniversary, Butch.
Beautiful picture!

I'm dreading working 4 nights in a row.
It was 3, but I was asked to pick up, so I did.
I'll be a zombie by Tuesday.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Happy anniversary

The usual slew of appointments this morning followed by a trip to the police station for digital fingerprints that were required by the social services agency in order to adopt our foster daughter. What a process that is. Digital fingerprints. Criminal records check. References. A home study. Long assed questionaire. And if she wasn't already living with us, the process would be even longer. They would want her living with us for at least 6 months before starting anything. At this stage, it will still take close to 8 months to complete the adoption.

Happy Anniversary, Butch.
Beautiful picture!

I'm dreading working 4 nights in a row.
It was 3, but I was asked to pick up, so I did.
I'll be a zombie by Tuesday.

Thanx guys.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Happy Anniversary TR. Beautiful pic.
4 months from now, God Willing, the wife and I will catch you two at #44. :thumb:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Errands to run today. I think a nice extended visit to my favorite hobby store in a neighboring town is in order too. Recently got the bug to get back into my model railroad layout and pour some money into it and do some modernization. About time it enters the digital age. :yum: Also looking for a drop in utility sink but short of going to Home Depot prolly will not find one locally.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm baaaaack!
I was staying near the Carnegie Mellon university.
We ate like pigs lol
-Ruth's Chris -killer filet with THE wonderful creamed spinach and potatoes au gratin.
-Mineo's pizza- wonderful!
-Primanti Brothers -pastrami and cheese. Omg!
-Pierogies at the Polish deli on the strip.
-Deluca's diner (20 minute wait line outside the door)
-Burgatory! great burgers and shakes.
I know I'll show a weight gain next week, but... whatever.

We didn't cook at all, except for baking M&M /pretzel Christmas cookies with Kasey.

Got a few pics of the trip, that believe it or not didn't include the food journey.
I've photos of moments at the house with future DIL making Gluhwein with Cabernet Sauvignon, Grandie and birds helping put up the tree. Yes,the parakeets came along!

Those have been posted on Facebook.
I now know why my son is so taken with Pittsburgh.
Theeee End!

& amongst all of that, we could have met!! luv my pgh., & glad yinz seem to have taken to us, as well--

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
my Mom is bringing me comforters seeing as to how i got ill on all of my comforters (& 'twas mildly sober, to boot!!)
got some stomach bug, so she's washing these & sending 1 my way--
luv my Mom; she may gripe & bitch @ me, 'cept she shows her luv via Mom-stuff....... & she's 61 & we borrow each others' items-- she takes my shoes & stuff--
Bless her so~~ luv my Ma--

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Won't be doing much today. Woke up in severe pain. Thankfully the missus is off work today. She took care of getting the kids off to school. After the pain meds kicked in I headed to the garage to get some wood glue. Just walking that far and my back is done.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Got a few small projects in the garage finished this morning then tried to get the truck in to have the sway bar links changed. Had an appointment at a shop but the vehicle before mine took too long. Had to reschedule for Thursday morning.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning ! Waiting on a guy to come pick up his saw that he dropped a tree on ,that is now healed . And, also waiting on an electrician to come over ,and give me a bit on a service rated transfer switch installation . Decided that the portable genset / extention cords / flip breakers on- off thing sux . Gonna go 22 kw whole house 1800 rpm genset .

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been running around all morning!
Just like yesterday, today is mine.
Gonna be lazy the rest of the day except cooking dinner as I'm not back to work until tomorrow night.
Forums been kinda quiet lately, hasn't it, or is it just me?
:unsure:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Forums been kinda quiet lately, hasn't it, or is it just me?
:unsure:

Yes it has been. I guess that everybody is either holed up inside or getting ready for Christmas. Me? I'm doing neither. I've got to fix a little leak in the water well. As long as there is no pressure on the line it's okay but when you put 100 psi on it a microfracture opens up and it dribbles. It's in a really awkward place too. After that I may dig out the mower and go mulch leaves. That's one of the reasons I don't like this time of year all that much. I spend most of my time blowing and mulching leaves. It's one of the joys of country life.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Another day full of appointments. Back pain kicked my sore butt out of bed at 4am. Got the kids off to school then did the gym for an hour. Then home to get the doggies each a pedicure. Physio at 1. Then a couple of kids dental appointments back to back. Not so bad. But when they're in different schools, it involves me picking one up. Dropping off at the dentist. Then rushing to get the second one at her school and going back to the dentist. Somewhere in there I have to sort out supper for 9 people. Just giving my back a rest before getting started.

Canadian eh!!!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning ! Waiting on a guy to come pick up his saw that he dropped a tree on ,that is now healed . And, also waiting on an electrician to come over ,and give me a bit on a service rated transfer switch installation . Decided that the portable genset / extention cords / flip breakers on- off thing sux . Gonna go 22 kw whole house 1800 rpm genset .
Congrats. Merry Christmas to you. You will love the whole house unit. :tiphat:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats. Merry Christmas to you. You will love the whole house unit. :tiphat:

I’m taking it you own one , correct? What manufacturer ? I’m going with a Cummins- Onan propane fired unit . Toyed with the idea of diesel , but long term diesel storage ,and initial cost favor the propane unit .

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We have a generac that came from Lowes. It runs on natural gas or propane. I have it on natural gas being fed by our gas well. It automatically turns on once a week to ensure all is in working order in case of an outage. So nice, when power goes out 15 seconds later the generator turns on. We are spoiled now. :D :beer:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I had cataract surgery on my good eye Monday. Everythings stilll blurry so it will be a few days before I am able to read without using a magnifying glass.

Jim

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had cataract surgery on my good eye Monday. Everythings stilll blurry so it will be a few days before I am able to read without using a magnifying glass.

Jim
No fun at all, but amazing what they can do. My dad about went blind due to cataract surgery. I've had both of my eyes done with no issues. The main thing I remember is the eye drops. So many eye drops.
One question Jim. Why would you have surgery on your good eye? Surgery should be on your bad eye. :bonk:
Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
No fun at all, but amazing what they can do. My dad about went blind due to cataract surgery. I've had both of my eyes done with no issues. The main thing I remember is the eye drops. So many eye drops.
One question Jim. Why would you have surgery on your good eye? Surgery should be on your bad eye. :bonk:
Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery.

4 types of drops! Surgery was my right eye. Had a blood clot get loose about ten years ago that blocked the blood flow to my left eyes optic nerve. Havent been able see out of it since.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

Jim
I had both eyes done back in 2015. Implanted artificial lenses. Went from almost blind to 20/10 vision overnight. Amazing.

I still cannot shoot straight. But, now at least, I can see the critter I missed get away.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
I had both eyes done 2 years ago. Easiest thing ever. Took about 15 minutes per eye. I had scar tissue form on my right lens and had laser done on it. That was even easier. Sit with my chin in a Vblock and look straight ahead. Heard 3 clicks from the laser and that was it. My happiest time was when I went to the drivers license station and took the eye test and got the glasses restriction taken off my license. Have a goodun!!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

Jim
There's our Jim!

Awww, rest up and get better soon so your eyeballs can see the forum.
:yum:

I'm happier than I've ever been this morning.
Ty finally got that good woman!
Actually they've worked together for years, her being a dispatcher.
Always had a feeling he really dug her.
Mom.is.never.wrong.
Well, hardly ever.

:smile:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Got a rude awakening this morning when I brought the truck in for sway bar links. They went to put it on the hoist and the frame collapsed. That's right. A 2007 f150 with 220k kms on it and the frame is rotten. Unreal. So I hit the dealerships I trust and tried out a couple newer f150s. A 2016 and a 17. We shall see. Going back tomorrow to test a 2015 Silverado fully loaded. If I like it, it may follow me home based on price.

Canadian eh!!!
cf883a542f74530f9c2ca415f6f94ba4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.