• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mt. Washington New Hampshire Cat to the Clouds Event Interest???

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Still working on the Auto Road with this. Thinking if it comes to fruition end of March some Saturday or Sunday so its warmer.

Looking to see who would be interested in hauling their cat their to make the trip up and down. Would be a pretty cool experience.

Need to make sure there are some other interested cats!

Watch this video and picture your cat where this tracked van is: https://youtu.be/zBWDE-dReqw

http://mtwashingtonautoroad.com/

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I would love to ride my tracked ATV up but can't bring a 'cat because of all the salt on the roads. Count me in if that's OK.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tracked vehicles in general. Great idea and possible way to add to the numbers.

They do have a wheeled atv day in summer.

Roads are good now with lack of snow. Amazing part is auto road tours are postponed until more snow.

When can you remember February low snow conditions on Washington?

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Spoke with the Auto Road. They are open to an event next year of we could get enough interest. The want cats only no tracked vehicles.

The major hurdle they need addressed is how to extract a disabled cat off the road. Good question and that may be the end of that.

On a brighter note the NHSA may be interested in cats joining a vintage sled event next year. Just need that crucial ingredient snow! or SNO!

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Spoke with the Auto Road. They are open to an event next year of we could get enough interest. The want cats only no tracked vehicles.

The major hurdle they need addressed is how to extract a disabled cat off the road. Good question and that may be the end of that.

On a brighter note the NHSA may be interested in cats joining a vintage sled event next year. Just need that crucial ingredient snow! or SNO!
if no krustys or bv 206's show up should be no worries. I have special tow bars for all my rigs so they can be towed on a rigid tow bar. how ever I don't think any thing can tow my Thiokol around here. I would look at the feasibility of using a military tow bar with a commercial vehicle adaptor. if one was to loose a track on a tucker a nice big tub sled would work to tow it off the hill rigs with valley plows on them you remove the mold board the military tow bar works with duce eyes. smaller rigs like snow tracs can be tower with an inexpensive tow bar like the ones used on your suv's being towed behind motor homes.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
The Auto Road has several modern, powerful snowcats of thier own which I would imagine can drag away anything that hadn't fallen over the edge…..

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I guess I should rephrase and say; there are 3-4 snowcats that live at the base of the Auto Road but most may belong to the MW Observatory.

This 'cat is still there along with a newish Piston Bully and a couple others.

Attachments

• pixautordcat.jpg
    pixautordcat.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 111

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I discussed that with them and they stated they would be unable to assist and the road needs to be open for the Observatory cat should a breakdown occur.