• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Game Reviews (family games, adult games ...)

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We buy games over the holidays. Sometimes good. Sometimes bad.

This thread is for game reviews and games instructions. There are many card games and dice games that can be played with a deck of standard 52 cards or with 5 dice .....post your favorites here so we can all try em out.

for example, for the holidays I bought a game called:

Never Have I Ever

description:
Never Have I Ever, the Game of Poor Life Decisions - Only Get this Card Game if You Want Tears Running Down Your Face from Gut Busting Laughs, Outrage

I thought it might be funny. But it is listed as adult game. Before I even opened it my number two daughter says "Oh No, I'm not playing that game with my parents.". Hmmmm So that kinda scared me of the game. Who do you play it with then. Daughter recommended people you don't know that well. I never play games with strangers or people I don't know semi well. It just does not happen.
So the game sits unopened in our game storage closet. I might open it one day, or regift it.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've always been a big fan of Trivial Pursuit and have played it with family members, friends and casual acquaintances all.

It's amazing to find out how uninformed some peeps are on basic knowledge - and how DUMB I am myself as well, depending on the questions of course! :yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We enjoy the "settlers of catan" games. There's expansion packs and you never have the same game board so it's challenging.

We also do the usual ones like risk and monopoly.

A bunch of us from camp get together every few weeks to play cards. We always play 31. It's easy. You're dealt three cards. One card is turned up. When it's your turn you can either trade a card in for the one face up or take from the deck to get the same suit. When you reach a number close to 31 you knock and everyone takes one last card then everyone ads up their hand. Lowest hand pays a quarter into the pot. Everyone starts with three quarters. The last person with one or more quarters wins the pot. If you get three of a kind you automatically get 30 1/2.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We play a game much the same but different. LOL

Any number can play. You start with dealing out one card. Each player starts with 3 quarters or 3 dollars ...or 3 pennies. Whatev. Winner is the last one left with coin(s).

The play starts with the person to the left of the dealer and continues clockwise till it gets back to dealer.
Object of the game is to not have the highest card at end of play. You only go around once. Each players option is to keep their card or to trade cards taking the person to the lefts card (without seeing it) and passing that person your original card. No matter the choice, once done that's it, that is the card you play for that hand. The person to the left then has the same choice. Keep the card they were dealt (if the person to their right did not trade with them), keep the card the person to their right traded them, or trade with the person to their left. And so on until it gets to the dealer. The dealer has the choice of keeping the card they have (either dealt to them or traded to them) or trading it in for a card off the top of the deck.
Then everyone shows their card. Highest card puts their quarter in the pot. If there is a tie, all have to put a quarter in the pot.
A fun game with a not so classy name. Screw Your Neighbor.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds fun. I forgot to mention that if at any time during the game any player gets a total of 31 in their hand they immediately put their cards down and everyone has to pay a quarter.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

k-dog

For our family game, it is trouble as our kids learned to play at a early age and quickly learned an developed strategies. We kept a paper with a log of who won and the kids would get very competitive. We wore out several trouble games over the years. I can remember one time our Pastor stopped by to visit and saw the Trouble game and asked my youngest daughter who was 7 at the time if she wanted to play. She said "okay, but I'm gonna kill you" and she she did just that. She won and he never had a man safe. He was amazed at how a 7 year had put together such a strategy and then she told him he needed to practice more.