• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The next fiscal cliff: The Sequester

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It was never supposed to take affect. The administration and Congress were to come up with a better way to get the desired cuts. Now the talk from the white house is blaming the republicans. I thought this whole idea was none other than Obama's. He has not done anything to help solve the issue like, proposing an alternative, he just wants to blame the republicans.

Now I see he is again twisting it to say the republicans would rather stifle the entire nation than to accomplish these same end effect as the cuts by closing tax loopholes that would only affect the rich. Again attacking the rich. I guess it worked the last time and is tried and true so why not do it again? :pat:

While I hope Obama's plan to place the blame on republicans fails, I am not as optimistic about it failing as I was so sure he would lose this last election. I thought for sure he'd lose. How could a man who has screwed up so much in office win? But he did win. He has a political machine that does work to his advantage and get things done. Will they use this as a jump off to the next mid term elections so that they can take back the house? I'm sure they are thinking just that. And I don't know that the republicans have any organized plan that would stop them.

IF the sequester goes into effect who will be hurt the most?
The republicans
the democrats
The general public

and who will get the brunt of the blame in the long run?

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
As usual the general public gets it w/o vaseline. Right now I'd like to run 536 people out of DC and start over w/ all new blood. I don't think they could do any worse than what we presently have. And if it came to that, a high security fence around it all and any lobbyist caught inside the fence will be shot dead where they're standing. I think a large majority of elected officials have forgotten who they work for.
Mike

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Whole lot of hoopla over nothing. This sequester is a drop in the bucket of what needs done. Let it go through and let the chips fall where they may. If congress can't learn to cut spending we are screwed. They have devalued our dollar so bad we are fast approaching 3rd. world nation status. Our entire political system is upside down when they can't see basic checkbook balancing will get us moving again. The handouts have to end.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I could not get the uplink to go. Ended up with four posts sorry

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Whole lot of hoopla over nothing. This sequester is a drop in the bucket of what needs done. Let it go through and let the chips fall where they may. If congress can't learn to cut spending we are screwed. They have devalued our dollar so bad we are fast approaching 3rd. world nation status. Our entire political system is upside down when they can't see basic checkbook balancing will get us moving again. The handouts have to end.

I agree with Muleman 100%

This sequestor was a poker hand dealt by the prez hisself. And now he is making hay.

Either way the GOP goes Barry can make points. Aside from the bully pulpit, the White house can, and likely will, make as much pain and inconvenience as it can from this little insignificant cut to their allowance in DC. And blame it on the GOP

It's like dealing with a teenager who wants all the neat toys , cars and freedom to do what they want. Tell them we need to to cut back and they respond by throwing a tantrum. Given the opportunity, I would say the samething to Barry I said to my kid when he pulled this kind of stunt.

"I don't negotiate with terrorists. Son,,,,,,,,Ya get nothing."

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It is one thing tolie tothe American people, that's whatpoliticians do to get elected. But onceelected they have a swore responsibiltyto deal with the Truth.

Apparrently Democrats apose this concept.

YOU CANNOT HANDLE THE TRUTH
Do you remember the movie A Few Good Men? One of the most intense and classic scenes was when Col. Jessup (Jack Nicholson) was in the witness chair being questioned by Lt. Kaffee (Tom Cruise) and Kaffee was pushing Jessup’s buttons. Kaffee tells Jessup ‘I want the truth.’ Jessup raises his voice and replies ‘You can’t handle the truth!’
That scene popped into my head as I saw the report of what took place this Tuesday in the House Financial Services Committee hearing. Committee Chair Jeb Hensarling (R-TX) had asked for two monitors to be placed in the committee room displaying the real-time running national debt clock.

With the truth of Obamanomics staring them in the face, Democratic members of the committee began to squirm and then protest. Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA), who runs a close second to Nancy Pelosi as saying the looniest things, was the first to complain. In her complaint, she confesses that the government has no budget, but she fails to mention that the Democrats are to blame for not having a budget for the past three years.
Next to complain was Rep Keith Ellison (D-MN) and the first Muslim elected to Congress. Ellison complained that the monitors were nothing more than a political prop by the Republicans to push their agenda. This is no big surprise as Ellison can’t stand anyone telling the truth or using Democrat’s own words against them. Just listen to his rant on the Sean Hannity Fox News program. Ellison went ballistic when Hannity played President Obama’s own words on his program. Ellison told him that was yellow journalism.
What I found hard to believe is that Hensarling caved into their whining and said that the monitors would be turned off during their time in the committee.​

Democrats haven’t wanted to look at the national debt ever since Obama took office four years ago. The president is supposed to present a budget to Congress every year. Obama has failed to do that for the past three years. Republicans have tried every year to present and pass a budget, only to have the Senate Democrats vote it down.
The Democrats have taken absolutely no responsibility for finances of the United States that they have been raping and pillaging. They’re like a person who continually writes checks when they have no money and then blame everyone else for what they did. If any of us ran our households like the Democrats are running our nation, we would have lost our homes and everything else and most likely would be in jail.
Yet whenever anyone tries to put the cold hard facts in front of them, they squirm, cry, and point the fingers of blame at everyone else except themselves. Like Col. Jessup, Democrats can’t handle the truth, especially when they can’t figure out who to blame it on, rather than taking responsibility for what they’ve done.
Had I been chair of the House Financial Services Committee, I would have handed Waters and Ellison and box of tissues for their tears and a pacifier to hush up their whining like little babies. Then I would probably request two more monitors to make sure everyone could see them.​

Last edited:

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The truth about the sequester is that it is about automatic spending cuts and has nothing whatever to do with tax increases. Without government action, automatic cuts kick in.
Not a bad thing IMO. Yet Obama has not proposed a single cut and instead insists on curing the problem with more taxes.

Kane

Of course Hussein was up early this morning and on teevee blaming the Republicans for HIS sequestor. For the next six months the sonofabitch will be intentionally closing doors, laying off cops and teachers, starving little children, pushing grandma out into the cold and generally causing unnecessary grief for the American People ... all to make a political point that Republicans are bad, bad, evil rich white folks.

And the POS does this on purpose. His (Axlerod's?) vile scheme is to vilify the Republicans incessantly for the next two years, with the end game to crush Republicans up until the 2014 mid-terms. Sadly, the American People will be the ones to suffer.

And that, my friends, is just plain wrong. But 51% of the People voted to reelect him ... and will still never understand the stupid thing they did.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe it's time for the repub's to go on the campaign trail and fight fire w/ fire. Maybe a short video of BO's own press secretary owning the sequester for him!! The 51% seem to like constant campaigning, so give them what they want.
I'm hoping BO has sh!t in his own mess kit w/ the MSM!!
Mike

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
It was never supposed to take affect. The administration and Congress were to come up with a better way to get the desired cuts. Now the talk from the white house is blaming the republicans. I thought this whole idea was none other than Obama's. He has not done anything to help solve the issue like, proposing an alternative, he just wants to blame the republicans.

Now I see he is again twisting it to say the republicans would rather stifle the entire nation than to accomplish these same end effect as the cuts by closing tax loopholes that would only affect the rich. Again attacking the rich. I guess it worked the last time and is tried and true so why not do it again? :pat:

While I hope Obama's plan to place the blame on republicans fails, I am not as optimistic about it failing as I was so sure he would lose this last election. I thought for sure he'd lose. How could a man who has screwed up so much in office win? But he did win. He has a political machine that does work to his advantage and get things done. Will they use this as a jump off to the next mid term elections so that they can take back the house? I'm sure they are thinking just that. And I don't know that the republicans have any organized plan that would stop them.

IF the sequester goes into effect who will be hurt the most?
The republicans
the democrats
The general public

and who will get the brunt of the blame in the long run?
Doc I to thought Romney had it...but I have read that every place o-slimmy wone there was no voter Ind every place he lost there was voter ID and every where he won...more people voted than were on the rolls......I have no way myself to prove it but it sure makes a person wonder if o-slimmy realy did win.......after seeing all the other things that are going on!!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I've had nothing but giggles listening to the Dire Predictions from both the GOP and the Left about the Sequestor. For just one moment,,,can we try and apply some simple logic to the subject.

Four yers ago we recklessly borrowed and spent some $871 BILLION dollars to improve the economy. The GOP said it wouldn't do a thing and the left later had to agree. Now,the left says it didn't help because we didn't spend enough. Irrelavent, it didn't help. Therefore, no matter which side of this you were on,,,,clearly by all accounts it was in-effective.

So I must ask a simple question of the doomsayers on the left and the right. How could cutting or spending the paltry sum of $90 BILLION, one way or another, be so devastating?

Bottom line, something must be cut. Our government is drunk on the power of spending all the money they extract from the nation. New revenues are not the answer any more than higher doses are the solution to curing the focused efforts of the steal and use drug habit of a crack head.

Our government has become an unchained bear now terrorizing the village. We must starve the bear to tame it. To save it. The alternative is very distasteful.

Do we just put it down?

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Everybody, meaning we the voters, both repub and dem are going to have to give up something, including your senator or representative that's been in office since JC was in diapers. I think we have far too many in DC who have been there so long they've forgotten who they work for. It's a good case for term limits IMO. Power corrupts and absolute power absolutely corrupts!! BO being an outstanding example of this!! Thank God we have term limits on presidents, tho I wonder if we can survive another 4 yrs of him.
JMHO,
Mike

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Everybody, meaning we the voters, both repub and dem are going to have to give up something, including your senator or representative that's been in office since JC was in diapers. I think we have far too many in DC who have been there so long they've forgotten who they work for. It's a good case for term limits IMO. Power corrupts and absolute power absolutely corrupts!! BO being an outstanding example of this!! Thank God we have term limits on presidents, tho I wonder if we can survive another 4 yrs of him.
JMHO,
Mike

Mike, are you a betting man? If so, would you like to place a wager on Obama's chances to win the election in 2016? I
know there is a two-term limit on the office, but that presupposes there will not be another Constitutional
Amendment, or a Declaration of National Emergency that would actually prevent that election being held. :hammer::sad::w00t2:

What say you? Care to place a bet here?? :ermm:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
JMHO,
Mike

I don't think anyone in Washington has forgotten who they work for. But they have forgotten to whom they owe an allegiance. That would be the Constitution. Not the political party that got them, and keeps them, elected.

There was a time when we could count on that Constitutional element to bring them back in line. But now, the politicians/representatives just feed everyone perks and ice cream and the voters get in line to keep them in.

And that will include an attempt to put Barrry back in the White House in 2016.

It is all Kabuki theater now.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't think anyone in Washington has forgotten who they work for. But they have forgotten to whom they owe an allegiance. That would be the Constitution. Not the political party that got them, and keeps them, elected.

There was a time when we could count on that Constitutional element to bring them back in line. But now, the politicians/representatives just feed everyone perks and ice cream and the voters get in line to keep them in.

And that will include an attempt to put Barrry back in the White House in 2016.

It is all Kabuki theater now.

Not quite. We can see the supposedly invisible "men in black" in this tragedy. :sad:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Mike, are you a betting man? If so, would you like to place a wager on Obama's chances to win the election in 2016? I
know there is a two-term limit on the office, but that presupposes there will not be another Constitutional
Amendment, or a Declaration of National Emergency that would actually prevent that election being held. :hammer::sad::w00t2:

What say you? Care to place a bet here?? :ermm:

Nope, no bets here!! Nothing coming out of the white house surprises me anymore.
Mike

Bamby

Sequester the Molester – A Study in Self-Imposed 'Austerity'?

Whatever your opinion on the idea of a sequester, I am pretty sure there are a couple of common points that almost everyone can agree on. Well, maybe. And if you don't, that's your right. Your author still recognizes the Constitution even if your government doesn't - and hasn't - for a long time.

The curious thing about this particular set of circumstances is that it is somewhat akin to the government shutdowns of days gone by. I'm sure most if not all of you remember at least once where either your state government or the Federal government itself shut down for a period of time because of an argument over a budget – specifically the lack thereof. The last time this happened at the Federal level was 1996. Ironically, that shutdown happened because of the inability to pass a budget. We no longer worry about such formalities, preferring to use Continuing Budget Resolutions (CBRs) instead.

There is much ado about the fact that we simply cannot afford to have any part of the government out of business, even for a short period of time. Why is that? That's an easy one: our government is WAY TOO BIG. I know, thank you Captain Obvious. However, let's take a serious look at where we're at though. I'm sure you haven't heard this from the fine folks at CNBC et al, but over there in Greece where all this untidy debt mess first reached critical mass, middle class folks are picking through trash cans in search of food and multinational pharmaceutical companies are refusing to deliver drugs to the country because of fear they won't get paid.

"When people lock their doors and hide inside, rumor has it it's the end of paradise"

Greece is not some third world cesspool either. It was formerly a first world nation. It has been destroyed because of greed, avarice, laziness, and DEBT. Its government is impotent, its people are irresponsible, and all the while the great banking authorities of the world are more than happy to continuing lending, knowing full well that those loans will never be paid back. It's about time people woke up and realized that this isn't about money, it is about control. And yes, that applies to your mortgage. And your car loan. And your credit card debt. Are you starting to get the picture?

History Repeats (Again)

These hatchet men of the global banking syndicate have repeated this scam time and time again, but nobody hears about it because we are too worried about which imbecile got the most trophies at the movie awards or some other such claptrap. They are doing the same thing here during the period that will become known in history as the Great American Slumber. We got a little jolt back in 2008 and the deer in the headlights look lasted for a few months and back to sleep we went. We have the cousins of the very shysters who have hoodwinked much of the rest of the world hard at work giving America the Malachi Crunch and by the looks of the bobbleheads on television you'd think it was New Year's Even in March because the Dow is close to punching through the 2007 highs.

Take a snapshot of then and now and tell me which market is more insane; that of 2007 or today? Which society is more in denial? Let them sequester. I have no doubt there is some 'crisis' awaiting us which will undoubtedly be blamed on the sequester, and likely those of us who clamored for fiscal reform. The sheeple will scream for Mama government to come to the rescue and the notion of doing away with budget deficits or even addressing the national debt will become hate speech. I've already been called a (expletive) deficit terrorist by a mainstream talk show host whose name is not worth mentioning.

The saddest part of all of this is that the sequester, no matter how small, is going to hurt real folks. However, what most Americans fail to understand is the very real impact that the irresponsibility of the past half-century has already had on all of us. We've been sold a bill of goods that inflation is necessary for economic growth. Well, we've had a hundred years of inflation courtesy of the not-so-USFed. We've had a hundred years of debt accumulation, much of it by our own hands. If this nation had any real sense of its history, we'd know that despite all the technology and other advances we were much better off a hundred years ago than we are today. We certainly had more freedom. Compared to today, liberty abounded. Today liberty is nothing but a cheap punch line echoed in Winston Smith fashion as the fireworks go up on July 4th.

"The headlines read 'these are the worst of times' I do believe it's true. I feel so helpless like a boat against the tide. I wish the summer winds could bring back paradise."

sutton-associates.net

Kane

History Repeats (Again)

These hatchet men of the global banking syndicate have repeated this scam time and time again, but nobody hears about it because we are too worried about which imbecile got the most trophies at the movie awards or some other such claptrap. They are doing the same thing here during the period that will become known in history as the Great American Slumber. We got a little jolt back in 2008 and the deer in the headlights look lasted for a few months and back to sleep we went. We have the cousins of the very shysters who have hoodwinked much of the rest of the world hard at work giving America the Malachi Crunch and by the looks of the bobbleheads on television you'd think it was New Year's Even in March because the Dow is close to punching through the 2007 highs.

Take a snapshot of then and now and tell me which market is more insane; that of 2007 or today? Which society is more in denial?
And then the government toots the market high as a "recovery". But with that fool Ben Bernanke keeping interest rates at 0%, why the surprise?

So just who do you think benefited from the "recovery"? Not the People. The Big Banksters. Keeping interest rates at 0% has killed off mom and pop, the real fools, relying on their savings. And with interest rates at 0%, where does one put their money? No, the ones that made a killing are the Big Banksters commingled with investment houses betting mom's and pop's money, contrary to Glass Steagall, in the equities market.

The DOW at 14,000. Big fucking deal.

Debt, debt and more debt. In the end, unsustainable debt will be fatal to all mankind. Maybe the only solution is the one the Jews came up with eons ago. Maybe the only solution is to erase all debt. Maybe it's time for drastic measures ... a Biblical Debt Jubilee.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
... Maybe the only solution is the one the Jews came up with eons ago. Maybe the only solution is to erase all debt. Maybe it's time for drastic measures ... a Biblical Debt Jubilee.

According to the Torah, the 7th day is Sabbath, a rest day; the 7th year (Shmita) is a Sabbath rest year, and; the 7th Shmita is
the 49th year, with the next 50th year being Jubilee. There is scholarly disagreement on whether the Jubilee begins in the
49th year or the 50th, which is also the start of next cycle, but either way the next Jubilee year falls in 2015-2016 on our
calendar (the Hebrew calendar is lunar and doesn't match the Julian calendar we normally use).

Since
we will elect Obama's replacement in 2016 (I fervently pray!) perhaps there will be reason for celebration! In the
meantime, let's all give thought to TR's suggestion; it makes sense, and the timing is right. :clap:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Has anyone noticed the seemingly benign ruling by the TSA to once again allow knives, baseball bats and golf clubs on airplanes?

Rather curious that it coincides with the supposed inability to fuklly operate federal "safety" agencies in the wake of a 2% maditory budget cut.

The Military cuts back.
The FDA must cut back so our food will bepoisoned
The Immigration control must cut back and release prisoners.
The USDA must cut back, (even though inspectors are onthepayrollof the private sector)

No more White House tourism (BTW,that is not Barry's house, it belongs to the people).

Golf outings however,are still a neccesary function of the government.

And Flight attendants must now deal with armed, stressed, disgruntled passengers as the air travel becomes more irritating thanks to limits on TSA overtime.

Was this a great country or what?

I am so glad though to know I can now carry two, yes two, golf clubs with me on the plane. I have no idea how to play the game with just two but,,,,,LOL

Also, where on the plane can one stuff two clubs? I'm thinkin' up somebody's ass.:whistling:

This all starts in April so's we the public do not notice. But I'll bet the farm, Barry will blame it on the Republicans.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep they are allowing small knives, clubs, pool ques, baseball bats and golf clubs ....plus they just signed a deal to spend 50 MILLION dollars on new uniforms. WTF??? :angry:

I served in the military, they sure did not provide uniforms, but we had to wear them. Guess what? We bought and paid for our own uniforms. Why the hell can't overpaid TSA Employees do the same?

Republicans slam TSA for spending $50M on uniforms in run-up to sequester

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is under fire for a $50 million uniform purchase it made in the days leading up to the budget cuts from sequestration.

Republicans are criticizing the agency for making the purchase even as it was warning that the sequester would result in longer airport security lines because of furloughs.

TSA said the contract for new uniforms replaced a deal that expired before the sequester took effect.

“The current contract to replace worn uniforms and provide uniforms for new hires expired on February 17, 2013,” TSA said in a statement. “The new DHS-wide contract to purchase all component uniforms won’t take effect until next year, so TSA signed an interim two-year contract on February 22, 2013 with a $50-million dollar ceiling to continue to procure new uniforms.”

GOP lawmakers have seized on the contract as evidence that the Obama administration oversold the damage from sequestration

“I find it deeply disturbing that as Secretary Napolitano is running around scaring people by saying she is going to have to furlough employees because of sequester, that she would also spend $50 million of taxpayer money on new uniforms. This is a classic failure in leadership,” Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) said in a statement.

“DHS has the flexibility it needs in the sequester to cut waste, fraud, and abuse from its budget,” Blackburn continued. “Instead, Secretary Napolitano is making the active decision to furlough personnel and is trying to manufacture a scenario where passengers have to wait in longer lines.”

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/transporta...-pre-sequester-uniform-purchase#ixzz2MsSYj9GB
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Kane

Hussein (the SOB) is intent upon inflicting maximum pain on the American People in an obscene attempt to blame the Republicans for being evil, uncaring and unwilling to 'compromise', whatever that means. The POS has his sights on the 2014 mid-terms and hopes to crush the conservatives, thereby regaining the House in order to carry out his far-left agenda.

What the bastard is doing, according to some, is an impeachable offense. Of course when in our history has a Democrat president been convicted and impeached while presiding over a Democrat Senate?