• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

review: Captain Morgan Private Stock

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
alright now im not one to pay the premium prices for the premium rum as i normally put it in my diet coke, but i grabbed an airplane bottle of this stuff at the checkout when i was getting a bottle of wine today, and i must say that this is good enought to drink straight. very smooth, flavourful, and light in the mouth, this is a great rum to sip in a glass with a couple cubes of ice. i honestly dont think i could disrespect this rum by mixing it with coke or any mixer. an excellent rum to be enjoyed by itself.

mak2

Rusty, I switced from beer to rum cause as a kid (<40) I could drink beer all the time and be skinny, at 50, no. Anyway I have lost about 8 lbs in a month and eat anything I want. But back to the topic at hand. Cruzan is a great rum too, been drinking it tonight. Very good with diet coke.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
normally i get the Calico Jack spiced rum and throw it in coke, and thats great. Calico Jack is great rum for the price period. i havent had Cruzan but ive heard good things

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
A friend suggested that I try Lady Bligh spiced rum in lieu of the Captain. I was pleasantly surprised at how flavorful LB was, and it's only $10 a bottle (750 ml) here in Ohio with all the high "sin taxes" added on. Worth a try if you can get one of those small bottles to try. Now I only drink CM when someone else if buying it.