• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

beers n brats!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
6 Bratwurst, precooked
1 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 apple, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp. flour
11/2 Cups chicken broth
1 Tbsp. vinegar
1 Tbsp. honey
Place in a pan of water and bring to boil. Turn heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes. Both precooked and fresh bratwurst may be heated in this manner. Grill or saute until lightly browned. In a frying pan heat butter and vegetable oil, add bratwurst and brown. Take out and set aside. Add onion and apple, saute until lightly browned; add flour. Combine well; add chicken broth, vinegar and honey; stir until it comes to a boil. Simmer five minutes. Return bratwurst to pan and continue simmering for five minutes.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
My favourite way to have brats is just on a nice soft roll with a ton of mustard and onion.
Bahh.. now I'm hungry lol

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I like mine on a real roll with lots of onion. Used to eat them with kraut but that messes with my coumadin so I seldom have any.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I need pictures to understand this.....Englishman aint a clue what your all talking about.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
50927610oRniIz_ph.jpg

exps40689_CFT1437882B03132b.jpg

brats.jpg

Galvatron

Bloody Hell PG i will take 2....they look pretty damn good.....mustard on mine for sure.

Galvatron

We had a Greggs in town...long story short a oven exploded someone died blah blah blah.....hence no more Greggs.

I will stick with a Linconshire sausage in a fresh warm bread roll....onions and mustard.....keep it simple.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We had a Greggs in town...long story short a oven exploded someone died blah blah blah.....hence no more Greggs.

I will stick with a Linconshire sausage in a fresh warm bread roll....onions and mustard.....keep it simple.
There ya go then Galv. Tastes almost the same anyhow, if you want to know the truth ;)

Ironman

I turn em over my knee and say "Now this is going to hurt me more than it is you!"
Whoa, thats kinda kinky, Pete.

I boil mine in beer with onions & butter, then char them on the grill then back into the beer bath or slow cooker.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
6 Bratwurst, precooked
1 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 apple, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp. flour
11/2 Cups chicken broth
1 Tbsp. vinegar
1 Tbsp. honey
Place in a pan of water and bring to boil. Turn heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes. Both precooked and fresh bratwurst may be heated in this manner. Grill or saute until lightly browned. In a frying pan heat butter and vegetable oil, add bratwurst and brown. Take out and set aside. Add onion and apple, saute until lightly browned; add flour. Combine well; add chicken broth, vinegar and honey; stir until it comes to a boil. Simmer five minutes. Return bratwurst to pan and continue simmering for five minutes.

Add some green peppers in to the mix and I'll have 2 or 3 or 4 well maybe 5

tom

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
8*Uncooked* German style smoked pork & beef Brats (Venison Brats optional - 50/50 venison/pork) Neuske's are my favorite.
6 cans of Miller Genuine Draft (none of that Buttwyper skunk urine)
2 large *White*onions, chopped
Salt & Pepper to taste

Combine all. Simmer Brats in beer with onions until the 6 remaining beers from the 12-pack have been drunk, 30-60 min.

Remove Brats from gravy & save. Place brats on grill, brown artfully. Replace brats to beer/onion mixture to keep warm while serving.

To serve, place brat on kaiser style brat bun with generous amount of cooked onions from pot. Mustard to taste. Brown mustards are very good, but plain yellow will do.

If you put ketchup on a brat, even a nasty precooked abomination, I will come to your house and kick you in the crotch.

Twice.

Really hard.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dang these sound good. Think I know what we'll have for dinner Saturday. :thumb: :D :beer:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Heck, I may just get some of my homemade smoked sausage out for breakfast! Got hungry just seeing all that food this morning and cereal ain't gonna do it!

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
8*Uncooked* German style smoked pork & beef Brats (Venison Brats optional - 50/50 venison/pork) Neuske's are my favorite.
6 cans of Miller Genuine Draft (none of that Buttwyper skunk urine)
2 large *White*onions, chopped
Salt & Pepper to taste

Combine all. Simmer Brats in beer with onions until the 6 remaining beers from the 12-pack have been drunk, 30-60 min.

Remove Brats from gravy & save. Place brats on grill, brown artfully. Replace brats to beer/onion mixture to keep warm while serving.

To serve, place brat on kaiser style brat bun with generous amount of cooked onions from pot. Mustard to taste. Brown mustards are very good, but plain yellow will do.

If you put ketchup on a brat, even a nasty precooked abomination, I will come to your house and kick you in the crotch.

Twice.

Really hard.

Same way I do it but If you never tried it , Scratch the venison & replace it with Elk . Gurantee you wont get any better tasting brats/german sausage . :wink:

I agree on the ketchup as well :hammer: