• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Beer 101

Bamby

Welcome to Beer 101. Here you will find beer articles and general information to help in your beer-education. If you have a specific question, please feel free to e-mail us and we'll school you in the world of beer.

Beer 101

Seems to be an interesting site maybe even Rusty can pick up some pointers here.

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the link. Great topics.

One I intend to send to a lot of friends is how to pour a beer. Many of my friends want to pour the beer with no head at all. They think they have accomplished something if they end up with a full glass of beer with no head or foam. I have tried to tell them the beer is much better with about 20% head or foam, but so far they have not believed me. Now I have proof.

Steps to a Perfect Pint
  • Use a clean glass. A dirty glass, containing oils, dirt or residuals from a previous beer, may inhibit head creation and flavours.
  • Hold your glass at a 45° angle. Pour the beer, targeting the middle of the slope of the glass. Don't be afraid to pour hard or add some air between the bottle and glass.
  • At the half-way point bring the glass at a 90° angle and continue to pour in the middle of the glass. This will induce the perfect foam head. And remember, having a head on a beer is a good thing. It releases the beer’s aromatics and adds to the overall presentation. You may also want to gradually add distance between the bottle and glass as you pour, to also inspire a good head. An ideal head should be 1" to 1-1/2".
Thanks again for the link. Bob
icon7.gif