• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

fall seasonals is here

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
thats right, its time for the Oktoberfest beers, and all the fall seasonals to be out. what are we having this year, folks? i myself am getting a mixer sixer. place near my shop that has a bunch of craft and micro brews does a thing where you can make your own six pack of different beers, like a sampler pack. so ill be trying a few Oktoberfests and see what i may be keeping on hand this year. what are you all having? any reccomendations? post 'em here!:smile:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
I've heard this year's sam adams octoberfest is good - but haven't had a chance to try it out myself.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
i may try that myself, i was pleasantly surprised with sam adams summer ale this year. ive never bought a case because i dont think its worth it, overpriced, i mean. when i can get leinies, which are better, for the same price or less, lol. but ill probly drop a sammy in my mixer tomorrow and see what happens

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
I like the SA Oktoberfest, but always look for the Dopplebock in that line up.

Haven't even had much time to lurk lately [just immersing myself in work during the week and trying to keep on top on everything around the farm before winter], so since I was tipping a couple Bud Ice tonight thought I should stop in and figured this was a good subforum to type a couple lines in case I don't make it back too soon.

Regarding the Bud Ice; I ussually try to keep some Bud Light on hand for the FIL, and this was on sale instead. Hadn't had it in a while; aside from the clear bottle [I presume to best match the label], not bad. The Bud flavor [which isn't bad, except with BL around I tend to associate it with the thin body that comes with a light beer], but with almost enough body to catch my interest.

Cheers all! :beer:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
yesterday was a Becks Oktoberfest. meh.
tonight I had a Tommyknocker ornery Amber. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
wife had a SA blackberry Witbier - her second favorite of theirs next to the cranberry lambic.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Tommy Knocker may be working on becoming my new favorite brewery.
Had one of their Chocolate Porters last night.
Not bitter at all - even after warming to room temperature.
Not too sweet, some definite chocolate tones, not too thick - but not watery tasting, either.
Overall, a really pleasant libation - especially after spending half the day on the tractor mowing and removing trees.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
The problem I have with American beers are they are to "Gassy" for me . We have a beer in Panama called "Balboa". You can drink it all day and never have that bloated feeling .

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
The problem I have with American beers are they are to "Gassy" for me . We have a beer in Panama called "Balboa". You can drink it all day and never have that bloated feeling .

Sweet! If I ever see it, I'll have to try one, or a few....

Most of my homebrews or anything I buy beyond, the FIL's favorite, BL tend to the low end of carbonation; however I like enough body for flavor, that you can still "fill up" on them likely much faster than the Balboa you describe.

Fitting this thread, a Boulevard '47 for me tonight, but now BL as I only had a couple '47s in the fridge.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Erik,

On a complete tangent, I still have your PM noting CC advice and do plan to revive a relevant thread or take you up on advice in PM, but somehow every week get busy at work and haven't got around to thinking too much about it again yet.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
no worries - when you have time, we can discuss - or you can start a thread on it and get more differing opinions on what's "right" or "best" to choose from. :D
how's the new job going?

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks Erik!

Still some learning curves, both in the nuiances of the products and, of course, the politics within the company, but working out well.

I worked it out that I spend 11-12 hour days and Fridays at my choice of off [about 50/50 so far] if I deem no pressing work, so on week nights I tend to just check my email, play a couple mindless games, and hit the bed instead of logging on FF; however suspect, I'll get into a routine and start to favor on-line time soon enough.