• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Barkeep Have any Suggestions

Bamby

Hay barkeeper, I have an event to attend this weekend. Some good acquaintances of ours are getting married on the sandbar where we boat at. I'm thinking it's going to be a pretty cool event and I'm sure it's going to be a good reception party afterward, which is also going to on the sandbar. Would you be kind enough to suggest some good elixirs, that can be pre-mixed and served as shots that go down smooth and everyone would also enjoy. Keep in mind that no power or resources will be available at the site.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You may want to go to TARGET or a similar store and buy a few buckets of frozen drink mix. The buckets are sold in the liquor section (NOT in the freezer section) and you basically open the bucket, pour in some booze (NOT INCLUDED) add water and mix (included) and freeze. They have lots of different flavors. They make slush drinks like Daquiries and many others.

Bamby

Na we're thinking more along something like this here,

Grandma's Apple Pie Recipe
serve in Shot Glass

1 oz apple schnapps
1 oz vanilla schnapps
1/2 oz Goldschlager® cinnamon schnapps

Shake ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Strain into glass.

I went off elsewhere looking around and found the above. We're primarily beer drinkers ourselves, but most of the folks at the sandbar like to share there resources (usually some shots) and share. This ain't a yacht club event, it's a common boaters event at a sandbar. May try the above any other suggestions?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
May try the above any other suggestions?
The thing that keeps coming to mind to me is... shouldn't you try to keep your boat in the water and off the sandbars? I seem to remember that most boats prefer to be in the water... :hide:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
lol. try drink mixer . com (or something like that, google 'drink mixer') they have a bunch of mixers on there that can be made into shots.

Bamby

Not sure what we're serving but the Wife just got back with a couple box fulls of goods so I guess we're off to a maybe good start. If you've never been boating and attended a good sandbar party, in reality you really ain't lived yet IMO. Any of you landlubbers know what the object is in the middle of the liqueur?

menupop.gif
menupop.gif

Attachments

• IMG_0361.JPG
    IMG_0361.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0360.JPG
    IMG_0360.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 103

Bamby

:clap: Your on the ball their TC.

You got sharp eyes there Rusty, the boat btch rode the last broom to death and I had to get her a new one to ride. :whistling:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Alright. I see you got Jagermeister right there in the middle. Good choice. We will take a shot of Jager every once in awhile and chase it with beer. :beer: Works out well.
For last years FF boat party with Vin BD brought Chambord. Much easier to drink than Jager but has the same affect. When we got Jager'ed out this summer we switched to Chambord ...and still have some of that on da boat.
We've also enjoyed TGIF's Orange Dream. It has vodka already in it. The gals like it most and it's best when mixed in a blender with ice.
Here's to a GREAT sandbar party / wedding. Sounds like FUN.
Take some pics to share if you dare. :D

Bamby

Hay their Doc I'll take your bet, I do have a few I can share without compromising anyone's integrity. The fist picture is the wedding party arriving on a flotilla of tied off pontoon boats. And the second picture is of course the couple that got hitched. It was a good tome for everyone involved and everyone that came to the event.

menupop.gif
menupop.gif

Attachments

• IMG_0364.JPG_01.JPG
    IMG_0364.JPG_01.JPG
    196.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0366_01.JPG
    IMG_0366_01.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 75