• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Rusty's thought of the day thread

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
This sucks. got a nice paycheck, got plans to go out with buddies on a tour of bars friday night, bills are paid, then her car decideds to throw a C/E light. and inspections are due this month. what the hell am i gonna do. now i gotta get it a scan tonight, and see what the hell this issue is

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
This sucks. got a nice paycheck, got plans to go out with buddies on a tour of bars friday night, bills are paid, then her car decideds to throw a C/E light. and inspections are due this month. what the hell am i gonna do. now i gotta get it a scan tonight, and see what the hell this issue is

Yea crap like that happens m8....i get the same here like last month i was going to treat myself to a new PC with spare end of the month Cash and the dog decides it would rather i spend the spare cash by developing an ear infection....bye bye 100's of $$$.

Still another end of month coming soon so fingers crossed eh.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
take it to autozone or O'rielley's and they'll stick a code analyzer on it for free, even if you don't buy any parts from them.
They do the same for electrical (battery/starter/alternator) problems.

that way you'll have an idea of what the repair will cost, so you know how many beers you can still have tomorrow night. :biggrin:

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
full credit to you sir as to the fact i would have had the same reply :yum::yum::yum:

Maybe i should have said "if in doubt,protect your rear, go else where and have a Beer":yum::yum::yum:

:tiphat: OTOH, I'm not sure it's wise of me to admit my mind occasionally wallows in the same gutter as yours, Galvatron! :unsure: Ahhh, what the heck, it's no secret, "Lead my mind to the gutter, and it brings a shovel!" :yum:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
take it to autozone or O'rielley's and they'll stick a code analyzer on it for free, even if you don't buy any parts from them.

that way you'll have an idea of what the repair will cost, so you know how many beers you can still have tomorrow night. :biggrin:

thats what im doing if i cant borrow the one from work. gonna go to advance, and avoid autozone if possible, i dont like that place

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter

And if it's nothing serious, just put a smilely face sticker or something opaque over it, say it's fixed for now, and enjoy the whole beer tour planned! :cheers:

Of course, don't confuse free advice with good advice. The latter would be more like: it's a sign your liver didn't want any beer this weekend anyway - so stay home and fix it right, so the costs don't eat you up later.

Galvatron

Rusty it could be a good time for the Lovely Lady to take up cycling....just make sure you suggest it in a non insulting way or you may never see a Beer again :yum::yum::yum:

Go on i dare you:whistling:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I have to ask, Why in the hell would HER car breaking down interfere with YOUR drinking?:clap:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
I have to ask, Why in the hell would HER car breaking down interfere with YOUR drinking?:clap:

because we dont exactly have alot of money and if her car needs to be fixed, im gonna have to pick up the slack on the bills. it needs inspected by the end of this month, we really dont have a choice whether or not to fix it. and i cant take her to work and back every day, our shifts are too different

Galvatron

Jokes aside m8 i hope it turns out to be a non-expensive repair....we all need every $$$ these days.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
OH yeah, thats the perfect plan with absolutley no adverse effect

That's much better than what I read into it!

I'd sure hate to find out your girlfriend was sporting a package! :eek: :eek: :yum:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Jokes aside m8 i hope it turns out to be a non-expensive repair....we all need every $$$ these days.

yeah me too. hopefully its somthin i can fix. tho i dont have much experience with little 4 cylinders. im more akin to workin on real engines

That's much better than what I read into it!

I'd sure hate to find out your girlfriend was sporting a package! :eek: :eek: :yum:

:slap:

O trust me im back with ya....Rusty whats this about a package....assure me it's nothing to worry about:whistling:
:slap:

Galvatron

I will take it by the :slap: we have stumbled upon a sore point with the package......

come on tell Uncle Galv and Auntie Spiffy everything:whistling:

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
yeah me too. hopefully its somthin i can fix. tho i dont have much experience with little 4 cylinders. im more akin to workin on real engines

4,6, or 8, they're all the same: no matter how many squirells it's a matter of how much crap its attached to them that makes it "interesting"

Dang, I think that was a b!%chslap; maybe there is something even deeper to worry about! :poke: