• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

tried a new beer, tommyknockers jack whacker

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
is quite a tasty beer. anyone had? from idaho springs, CO, i found it local for about 35$ a case. it is a wheat beer brewed with lemon grass and has citrus notes in it. decided to give it a try. and ill be honest, the name had a good portion to do with why i bought it :yum:. my review: smooth beer, good foam when pouring. has a cloudy, darker yellow coloring, but that seems to come with the wheat beers. starts good, drinkability is quite nice, and has a good finish. no bad aftertaste, i do recommend this beer as an affordable start to anyone whos trying to get into craft beers, or microbrews. give it a try!

if the interest shows, i will continue to update and review with each new beer i try.

Attachments

• TKJW.jpg
    TKJW.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 117
  • TKJW2.jpg
    TKJW2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 118
  • TKJW3.jpg
    TKJW3.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 118

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Breckenridge Brewery is another Colorado micro you might want to try, as is Boulevard from KC, Ks.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
well my local distributor has alot form all over, but alot of the craft and micro breweries only sell local, so i am limited on what i can get here at home. i was surprised to find this, actually. ill look for them next time im in though.

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Have had Kilt Lifter Ale. That is an interesting Scottish Ale. And unique name. Not something that you down a six pack of though; the alcohol content is really high.

Cloudy is a characteristic of a good hefe...

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
I like to enjoy a good stout beer myself!Dragonstout!!!:clap:

mmmmmm Stout! Or Bock, or Porter..... maybe a Scottish Wee Heavy; the right mood for hops: an IPA....... ohhhhh Boy! Ya'll are making me thirsty! :beer:

Of course, there are crappy brands in every catagory, but some absolutely yummy ones too! I think it's about DoppleBock season! :clap:

Keep 'em coming 1B1S1B, but after you noted your favorite Scotch, I'm not sure whether your recommendations will be on a list to try or to avoid. :mrgreen:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
mmmmmm Stout! Or Bock, or Porter..... maybe a Scottish Wee Heavy; the right mood for hops: an IPA....... ohhhhh Boy! Ya'll are making me thirsty! :beer:

Of course, there are crappy brands in every catagory, but some absolutely yummy ones too! I think it's about DoppleBock season! :clap:

Keep 'em coming 1B1S1B, but after you noted your favorite Scotch, I'm not sure whether your recommendations will be on a list to try or to avoid. :mrgreen:

lol i dont just go cheap with beers. liquors only, because i just drink em too quick to spend alot of money on them lmao:w00t2:. ill update with each new beer, whether you take the reccomendations or not, hehe

edit: im surprised Doc hasnt got in here yet

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter

Blind Tiger Brewery in Topeka currently has a very nice Highland Wee Heavy that will cross your eyes if you're not careful. They also do a very nice Imperial Stout, and their wheat beer is one of the more tolerable one's I've found. (not fond of IPA at all -- too bitter!)</p>

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Blind Tiger Brewery in Topeka currently has a very nice Highland Wee Heavy that will cross your eyes if you're not careful. They also do a very nice Imperial Stout, and their wheat beer is one of the more tolerable one's I've found. (not fond of IPA at all -- too bitter!)</p>

Might have to keep my eyes open for Blind Tiger, both of those sound tasty! I'll drink a wheat, but too many low gravity ones for my taste; with low gravities, the hops do rather bite bitter IMHO.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Yes, but why is it so bitter?

The heavy hops content added acidity to preserve it during the voyage. Often, higher alcohol content helped as well. [By coincidence, AFAIK] The higher malt content (to produce higher alcohol) somewhat balanced the pronounced hoppiness, making the style drinkable enough to survive well after the original purpose was gone.

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
The heavy hops content added acidity to preserve it during the voyage. Often, higher alcohol content helped as well. [By coincidence, AFAIK] The higher malt content (to produce higher alcohol) somewhat balanced the pronounced hoppiness, making the style drinkable enough to survive well after the original purpose was gone.

Oh man! You nailed it to a "T":clap:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
heather ales are good, too. anohter "Scots" style ale that uses heather insteadof hops as the preservative. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........