• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Organic farms achieved big success in Palestine

PARC: Organic farms achieved big success in Tulkarem-Palestine
PARC announced that organic farms it recently established have achieved a remarkable success in the Tulkarem district. Agronomist Saleem Al-Karmi supervisor of PARC crop production section there said the success is manifested in several agricultural products which were sold for a higher price.
Karmi noted that there was a noticeable demand on these products, and said that the number of farmers willing to establish organic farms has increased as a result of PARC effort. He said that preparations are underway to develop the Falamiya experimental station and an organic agriculture training center in Kufr Jemal which belongs to that station, noting that the station is the first one for organic agriculture in the West Bank.
Karmi said the Tulkarem organic farms which PARC initiated implement a policy which aims at expanding this kind of agriculture in both Tulkarem and Qalqiylia districts. He said that PARC’s role is to offer a daily follow up extension to farmers, establish fixed places for the fermentation of “compost”, support farmers with subsidized seedlings, provide them with organic medicines, handle the marketing process and search for possibilities of marketing for better prices.
Organic farms established include the Kufr Jemal 15 dunums farm, which is allocated for the cultivation of cornflower and garbage, a 10 dunum farm in the Shwaikeh suburb, one dunum of which is allocated for the cultivation of medicinal herb while the rest are cultivated with garlic, chickpeas, and broad beans. Newly graduated agronomists work in the farm. A third organic farm was established in the Irtah plain, in which integrated pest management was also used.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi Salim, welcome to the Forums. Do you have an organic farm? Or work on one?

I live in a rural part of the US but not on a farm, we are just surrounded by farm land.

Here in the US there is a growing trend toward organic production, but we are still a long way from leaving chemical fertilizers and pesticides. The biggest growth here in organics is for foods like tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, etc. Grain crops, corn, etc are rarely grown organically. Its also hard to find organic apples here, but there are a few varieties that are resistant to rust, blight, etc. Most varieties of apples are not available as organic.

Hi B_Skurka , It is my pleasure to send you this message and thanks a lot for your thread .

I would like to inform you about me , I am working with INGO's over the past 10 years; I have been giving several duties that allow me to provide sustained contacts for the rural communities and I'm Salim Hani AL-Karmi live in Tulkarem city a rural part of the West Bank- Palestine but not on a farm, we are just surrounded by farm land.

In Palestine many organization working in organic farming. their main goal is to encourage organic farming in Palestine society. organic farming was first born in Palestine in 1995; many farmers was to adopt environmental agricultural systems such as agro-ecological agriculture, IPM and permaculture (with special concentration on organic agriculture as the most safe agricultural system) and start to work in cooperation with other NGOs, especially Palestinian Agriculture Relief Center (PARC), MA’AN and Arabic Center for Agriculture Development (ACAD). INGOs shares in a lot of activities such as training, workshops, an urban agriculture program and relief activities oriented to support the farmers in particular and rural society in general.
A key priority of NGOs is to establish a whole organic agriculture approach, including training, extension, producing, processing and marketing.