• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Imperial Stout!

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
It's on the way Erik! UPS, as just in case it escaped my double bag and double box [speaking of which, it may need to air out - I realized too late the very inside bag was a scented one :puke2: ] I didn't like the idea of being charged with a Federal offense.

Not sure how it will take to shipping, but if it's lasted this long, I'm not worried.

Sorry guys, he did ask first, and probably more inclined to enjoy it than Rusty or Murph. Besides, you'll probably consider yourselves fortunate, when he reports back it's the most foul tasting black swill he's ever had the misfortune of attempting to consume.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Thanks! as a warm up, I had a Flying Monkey 4 finger stout last night (kind of watery tasting and bitter - glad I didn't pay money for it) Tonight was a Schlafly Brewery (St Louis micro - NOT affiliated with A-B) Irish style extra stout - creamy, not bitter, slightly sweet. Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to skip out on work and go see The Watchmen at the $2 second run theater in town.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Never tried either one of those, but don't see much point in the Flying Monkey after that review. The Schlafly Irish sounds quite tastey though!

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
I got a very impressive sample beer bottle in the mail today - and you'll be happy to know that's it's been thoroughly cleaned out and is now drying...
Not knowing any better way to dispose of the contents and wishing to avoid any chance of killing my septic tank, I decided to filter the liquid inside it through my own kidneys.
very tasty!
you're right very thick, sweet, malty with a not quite maple flavor - kind of a cross between barley wine and something like mackeson XXX or "Old Engine Oil" (yes, it's a real ale)
I may have to do a comparison test against the SA 3bock in the fridge (after it comes up closer to room temp) or maybe a single malt chaser -- which do you think would be best - highland, lowland, skye, islay, orkney? I'm thinking the Lavagulin 16 is too smoky to complement the sweetness and Oban to sharp, but I could be wrong. (got a favorite chaser for this stuff?)

If you ever find youyrself down this way - or the next time I head up to visit mom in Mn, I'll have to bring you a sample of the local brewery's "java stout" - made with local roasted coffee in the mash. (think alcoholic starbucks, only good tasting)

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
um, everyone else ignore my last post - it's the most foul tasting black swill I've ever had the misfortune of attempting to consume.
As a friendly sort, I think it's my duty to save the world from any chance of coming in contact with it in the future...
:whistling:

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Not much time to ponder, but I'd guess a highland; though as an after and not alongside, maybe the Lagavulin would be pretty good too.

Good to hear it arrived in one piece, and even better, that it no longer is!

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
went with the last of my Balvenie double cask (oak, then finished in sherry cask) mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............
Would have gone for the Dalmore cigar malt but the Balvenie was in front of it and for some reason I didn't feel like reaching all the way to the back of the cabinet while balancing on one foot up on the "tippy" footstool...

and at this point I'm pretty certain I don't need that triple bock tonight.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
You're making me thirsty, but no time for that... :ermm:

Must have been feeling good today if you're here playing with Rusty!

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
no worries - slept with the windows open, the dogs decided they needed to go out at midnight and for some reason I "forgot" to let them back in, so the puppy didn't wake me at 2 & 4...