• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Melen getting inducted into Eta Sigma Phi honors society

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My kid is a major geek and I'm proud of her :clap:

She has an aptitude for translating Latin, something that is worthy of a job at the local Starbucks drive-thru window, but that said, she is apparently really good at it and so she is being inducted into the "Classics" honors society for classics scholars after only 3 semesters on campus.

This is the organization >>> http://www.etasigmaphi.org

The induction ceremony is this Thursday evening.

While she has no real desire to make a career in classics, she does love to study it and while its not a great career choice we are supportive of her choice of "Classics" as one of her majors. She is also double majoring in Health & Excercise Science (Pre-Med) and considered being a triple major, but decided to just get a Minor in History. Her first choice in career is (at the moment) to be a lawyer, possibly Maritime Law or some other international/corporate law.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congradulations Bob! (And Melon:wink:):clap:

I'd say you did a very fine job of raising her. :smile:

You and your wife have got every right to be proud as a peacock of being her Parents. If I were you I know I sure would be.

Regards, Kirk

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Good show old man.......feels good when the ofspring grow...dont it?!!!!:clap:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congradulations Bob! (And Melon:wink:):clap:

I'd say you did a very fine job of raising her. :smile:

You and your wife have got every right to be proud as a peacock of being her Parents. If I were you I know I sure would be.

Regards, Kirk

What Kirk said and congratulate Melen from all of us. :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Good show old man.......feels good when the ofspring grow...dont it?!!!!:clap:

Ditto what they all said. Awesome job!!!!!
Congrats!!!!!!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks guys.

I'm really proud of her.

She is a fine young lady, but just like any kid, aggrivates her parents on a regular basis. Still, she's a keeper.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats to Melen and a repeat of what everyone else said about you and your wife's parenting; they don't turn out this way
by accident! :clap:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Despite you description, I have no idea what the award is but,,,,, Congrats to Melen and the Dad who, along with Melen's Mom, likely had something to do with her desire to succeed.