• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wish me luck!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Been thinking of a lifechange for a while. I was born and raised in this small town of around 2500 people. Lived here all my life. I've been through allot the past few years. Lost my job at the mill due to it closing down. Started a new job. Separated and soon to be divorced. Had most of the family move away. Lost both grandparents who were more like parents to me growing up due to cancer. Separated from the boy I raised for 10 year since he was 9 months old. At least I get to see him now and I have my youngest son living with me full time without any assistance from anyone.

This brings me to where I'm at right now. Ever feel like you're stuck in a rutt and going nowhere fast? Same old routine every day? No real excitement? That's where I'm at. I have family living three hours away in the city of roughly 110,000 people. I also have a girlfriend there. The drive every weekend or two is getting a little old. So I decided a while back that I was gonna do my best to move there this summer. That requires me getting a job. I started applying for positions within my agency in the city a couple months ago. I had an interview for the same job I am doing now but in the city just yesterday. Another position came out as well for the same job. So I stand a good chance. If things work out, I will be moving this summer. :smile:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well good luck to you! Are you going to have Lametrac withdrawal?:yum::yum:

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I was born and raised in the country,i had to move to the city for work(thats where the money is)and when i retire I'll move back to the country, it is the way of the world now days, as for luck, i wish the best for you and yours so someday you can live and enjoy life wherever you want.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks everyone for the wishes. I know it will be a big change. Maybe one day I will be back. But for now, I am looking forward to a change of scenery.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good luck Brian.
I did much the same, in that I moved the family to Cols Oh for a job opportunity. We spent 20 years in the big city. GREAT experience overall. Then I worked out a way to get back to the country & back home and am glad I did. This sounds like it will be a good experience for you, especially with your GF already there. Seems like a no brainer. Good luck with the move.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Time for an update. I heard back about the first interview I did a couple weeks ago. I didn't get it. Only minutes after hearing about that position, I got notice of an interview for another position. Same job, different unit. I had my second interview last week. I got a call at the office this afternoon informing me that I was the successful candidate for the job.:clap::clap::clap: I start mid august sometime. It's a new position so I won't have a caseload at first which will allow me time to adjust to the new office.

I'll be doing the exact same job I'm doing now. Same paperwork, same wages, same benefits, same hours, everything. Just in the city instead of here.

So I get home and throw up a for sale sign in the window of the house this afternoon. Literally ten minutes later, an old friend from town is knocking at the door wanting to see the house and seems really interested. Here's hoping that he buys it. Looking quite promising. Everything finally seems to be falling into place. It will be quite a change for me as I was born and raised here. Lived here all my life.

(btw...5000th post for me :shifty:)

:)

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Time for an update. I heard back about the first interview I did a couple weeks ago. I didn't get it. Only minutes after hearing about that position, I got notice of an interview for another position. Same job, different unit. I had my second interview last week. I got a call at the office this afternoon informing me that I was the successful candidate for the job.:clap::clap::clap: I start mid august sometime. It's a new position so I won't have a caseload at first which will allow me time to adjust to the new office.

I'll be doing the exact same job I'm doing now. Same paperwork, same wages, same benefits, same hours, everything. Just in the city instead of here.

So I get home and throw up a for sale sign in the window of the house this afternoon. Literally ten minutes later, an old friend from town is knocking at the door wanting to see the house and seems really interested. Here's hoping that he buys it. Looking quite promising. Everything finally seems to be falling into place. It will be quite a change for me as I was born and raised here. Lived here all my life.

(btw...5000th post for me :shifty:)

:)
:biggrin:
On the good news AND your crossing the 5,000 mark.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Good on you bro'. It's nice when things fall into place like that. Hope the friend takes the house. That would be icing on the cake.

Once again ... :clap::clap::clap:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
good luck on ypur move i live in the same small town enviroment, just a littlemore isolated it's a 600 dollar plane ticket to get to the big city.which i moved here from and on the other hand i'm not in a rush to go back to.I can understand your motivation and wish you the best of luck.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats GG, thats got to be a huge bonus for you to stay in the same line of work that you enjoy. Good luck on the house sale. :beer:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats Brian. 5000 posts and everything is falling into place. Awesome. Expect a few bumps along the way but overall you are all set. Someone will buy your house and you will be looking for a place in the big city very soon. How exciting. :thumb: :clap: :clap:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks everyone! I am super excited. It's starting to sink in that I'll finally be moving. Been trying for a year to get a posting in the city. This will be good for my son as well as he will be able to see his grandparents often. So many new oportunities opening up now.

For years, I was stuck in the same old routine. Get up, go to work, come home, stare at the walls. There are things I will miss about small town living and hope to eventually settle out in the country a little closer to the city.

I actually have two houses here to sell. One is tentatively sold. Just need to do the final paperwork. Things are definately looking up.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Going to be a big change for sure. It has it's perks but you will miss getting out in the woods at times. Good luck in the whole deal.:clap::clap:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh. I've been scoping out the new area I will be living in. I can be out in the woods in about 15 minutes. I can have the boat in the water in about 10 minutes. It's a city with a small town feel to it. No huge skyscrapers. Roughly 110,000 people. So it won't be all that bad.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Starting to pack up and do some minor reno's to get the house ready for sale. Painted the entire garage exterior on saturday and planted some flowers to make the exterior look purdy. Got my son's room all packed since my gf was here. So his stuff is gone already except the furniture. Once I get that out, I have to change the carpet in his room. So far so good. Might actually get to get out fishing a couple times before the big move.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good luck on your move and the new job Groomer...I love it when a plan comes together without alot of issues comming up. I hope you find happiness.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Keep us informed...

Best regards, Kirk