• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

j5 cleat bolts

lorner

are the cleat bolts on a j5 which go through the cleat and wheel guide a special type of bolt? what grade are they, and are they available from say an automotive supply shop?

Trackrig

I can't answer your specific question, but last fall I rebuilt the tracks on my Nodwell requiring 888 1/2" grade 8 NF bolts with new ny-lock nuts. The cheapest place by far to get them was from Amazon. For freight they used the USPS flat rate boxs and charged me $6.50 per 50 pounds to ship them to Alaska. Cant' beat that.

Bill

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
are the cleat bolts on a j5 which go through the cleat and wheel guide a special type of bolt? what grade are they, and are they available from say an automotive supply shop?

Depending on the year they may be 3/8” or 1/2” carriage bolts. And unless you really want the head to say bombardier and almost 1.00 apiece we buy grade 5 Course thread from fastenal in the states

IMP

Site Supporter
I used course thread grade 5 carriage bolts from fastenall and the all metal self locking nuts. I don't remember them being very expensive when I built new tracks for my J5. Don't do what I did and buy them 1/4" to long. The bolts that hold the tire guides on need to be a certain length or you can't fit the bolt in the guide and go down hole in the belting. Trust me on this and get it right. I had to cut all my bolts down and run a die over them. It was not a small job and could have been avoided if I would have put more thought into it before ordering bolts.:hammer:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
check on the price of stainless bolts compared to what your buying. sometimes it isn't very much. I get all mine from fastenall.