• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Study: Welfare pays more than minimum wage in most states

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Shocking huh? NOT!!!!!!!!

Study: Welfare pays more than minimum wage in most states

Welfare pays more than a minimum-wage job in 35 states, creating little incentive for Americans to take entry-level work and likely increasing their long-term dependency on government help, according to a new study by the libertarian think tank Cato Institute.

The finds come 17 years after the Clinton administration, with bipartisan support from Congress, passed landmark welfare reform legislation that was supposed to move Americans away from entitlements and into the workforce.

However, “welfare benefits continue to outpace the income that most recipients can expect to earn from an entry-level job,” the study authors said. “And the balance between welfare and work may actually have grown worse in recent years.”

Among the other findings is that welfare in 13 states pays more than $15 an hour, compared with the federal hourly minimum wage of $7.25.

The disparity was even higher in nine states in which welfare pays more than the average first-year teacher’s salary and in the six most-generous states, which pay more than the entry-level salary for a computer programmer.

The 52-page study, titled “The Work Versus Welfare Trade Off,” points out a full package of welfare benefits often exceeds take-home pay in part because benefits are tax-free.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...inimum-wage-job/?cmpid=NL_fntop#ixzz2ceQkEayf

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
This is exactly as the Dems want it. A locked in voter base that will keep the votes coming as long as the handouts are available.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I heard this on the morning news. But only on FOX.

So nobody to whom it matters cares. And those who get the free stuff need not do the math involved so they don't know how. nor do they need to. The money will keep coming right?

Well, until we run out of other people's money,,,, yes.

We are Rome.

And since almost 50% of the nation is on the dole....why change it. Why worry. Just keep voting for the fellas that are sending those checks.

BTW Hawaii is on top of the list. No accounts who have skimmed the system make more than $20 an hour equivalent salary and benefits. Average household income in USA is $32K. Why get a job. Spend your days surfing, doing drugs and protesting US sovereignty over the little island chain.

Yep Hawaiians want to leave the union. I say let them.

we don't ever get back from here.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
I think ( I am orepared to be wrong ) that the difference is that to go on welfare, one would not have to be a homeowner.

Say someone looses their job, they cannot get food stamps as a homeowner. I don't think they can get welfare either. They can get a coupke low paying jobs and try to keep their house.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I think ( I am orepared to be wrong ) that the difference is that to go on welfare, one would not have to be a homeowner.

Say someone looses their job, they cannot get food stamps as a homeowner. I don't think they can get welfare either. They can get a coupke low paying jobs and try to keep their house.

Sorry but you are wrong there. Welfare in compasses many programs.. Food stamps are major and home ownership is not a qualification one way or the other. Unemployment is welfare and again you can have real estate and drive a Caddy. Still get it.

But it is irrelevant. I have a worker I terminated over one year ago who still collects unemployment. He has a fairly new 3 bedroom two story house, two cars and a 21 foot ski boat.
I see his name on the Unemployment notice to my account every week.

He gets 99 weeks of it thanks to Barry. When it is over, his 40 year old body will find another way to scam the system.

And my 67 year old frame will still work 60 hours a week to keep my doors open.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I hear ya Franc. And I'd guess you and most others here are much like me in that no way could I not work. I prefer to work and accomplish something. The money is a big part of it but not the only part. Satisfaction from doing a job well, being innovative or solving a problem means a lot to me. The government is taking that from these folks. They do not have the chance to get that feeling of satisfaction and pride. And they think they beat the system and got it made. :bonk: Maybe one day they will realize there is a better way, but by then most likely it will be to late.

Kane

He gets 99 weeks of it thanks to Barry. When it is over, his 40 year old body will find another way to scam the system.

And my 67 year old frame will still work 60 hours a week to keep my doors open.
This has become the new normal under Barack Hussein Obama. Getting a small hook into the flesh of otherwise productive citizens all for the glory of another VOTE for the progressive party. Turning good people into a dependent electorate. The progressive way, right out of the Alinsky playbook.

Sadly, these people (victims of the koolaid) will wake up one day when they are 65 and wonder what they did with the productive years of their life. They are trading the luxury of idleness during the ages of 25-55 -- the years they should be planning for the luxury of idleness at 65.

Alas, even at 65 they can still be on the dole of Social Security. Not in grand style, but good enough. The question is, tho, will there still be enough of the young people working to support the masses of the boomers all sitting on their butts?

The answer is NO. So then what?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Same thing goes on up here. Welfare pays more than minimum wage. Plus...get this one. We have a thing up here called child tax credit(not sure if you guys in the states have that too). You get a monthly check from the government for each child you have. So...if you're a single mother popping out babies every year fathered by different men, you get paid more to keep popping them out. Then, You get subsidized daycare so you can plunk your kids into a daycare every day while you sit on your a$$ drinking coffee and spreading your legs to pop more kids out. Just burns my butt that my tax dollars go to support that.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Same thing goes on up here. Welfare pays more than minimum wage. Plus...get this one. We have a thing up here called child tax credit(not sure if you guys in the states have that too). You get a monthly check from the government for each child you have. So...if you're a single mother popping out babies every year fathered by different men, you get paid more to keep popping them out. Then, You get subsidized daycare so you can plunk your kids into a daycare every day while you sit on your a$$ drinking coffee and spreading your legs to pop more kids out. Just burns my butt that my tax dollars go to support that.

Yeah, we have a verson of it. Thus driving out of wedlock births in many communites beyond 75%.