• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, returned from the work cabin yesterday afternoon. I got there on Thursday around noon, unloaded and then went straight to work raking the pine needles away from the cabin. I finished with that around 5pm. In the morning at first light I started installing the 2- 3.5KW battery packs, it took longer than I thought to make up all the battery cables, all the ends are shouldered on. It made a huge difference in the system, I had to first discharge the new packs by turning on the hot water tank to get them down to 30.1V that matched the existing batteries at full charge. The battery packs at full charge are 32V but if you don't charge a lithium battery to 100% and don't discharge them to 0 you can cycle them 100x more. another words a lithium ion battery like the one in your cell phone will cycle 6,000 times before its shot, if you charge it 80% and discharge to 20% it will cycle 60,000 times. After everything was hooked up I ran the hot water tank until 2pm, the batteries did not lose voltage in peak sun while heating water. The picture of the controller screen was taken the next morning after using electricity in the evening and night. ( lights, microwave and coffee pot in the morning ) still at 28V. before adding the extra batteries it would be at 22V and may or may not have enough for the coffee pot in the morning. When I add a refrigerator, TV and more lighting, most likely will add 2- more packs that will bring the batteries to 21KW. I am happy with they system so far. The rest of the day was spent dragging the Suzuki from its parking spot out onto the driveway so I could load it. I got it on the trailer about 20% before dark.
Saturday morning I finished loading the Suzuki, ( was a real bitch ) I pulled it on with the winch on the Dodge but without wheels it snagged and fought me every inch of the way. Took 4 hours to get it on and tie it down:shitHitFan: then me and the little boy went to lunch. After lunch I started cleaning up the burned shed with the generator in it when I noticed a wet spot in the dirt. The wet spot was another burned spot in the pipe underground. ( 2 hours to fix ). I went down to the neighbors to get more water to top the big tank and ran into the neighbors daughter, they have been up there there whole lives. She told me some pretty interesting stories of their encounters with the wild life up there over the years. like in the 1980's when she as a kid they got stalked by a big mountain Lyon and were trapped in their cabin for a 1/2 day with no weapons until it went away, and other stories too numerous to list. She seemed to be much more concerned about the Lyons than the bears. While filling the little tank then draining to the big tank I cleaned up and organized for leaving in the morning. Things took longer than I thought but I got it done. Work is picking up and I'm not sure when I can go back. Hopefully I can average 1 trip a month or so thru the winter.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Chiropractor this morning then home to work on building a skid plate for the side by side.

I may sit down with a bucket of popcorn to watch the shit show that is American politics when ya'll get to choose between dumb and dumber.

I talk to myself to get an expert opinion.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Chiropractor this morning then home to work on building a skid plate for the side by side.

I may sit down with a bucket of popcorn to watch the shit show that is American politics when ya'll get to choose between dumb and dumber.

I talk to myself to get an expert opinion.

Maybe you guys could throw your gay boy Justin in the mix and make it a grand shit show.:th_lmao:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Headed to the field tis morning to make sure I didn't miss something on a quote I just finished before I turn it in. Then put it on a letter head and turn it in. Going to be a busy 3 months ahead.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Brought my pseudo granddaughter in to work today. Now I'm headed for the doctor and then to vote.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
yeah, I voted also. Whilst my polling place was a bit more crowded than usual, ( I had to wait in line at least two minutes) the High school just a block away from my house had a double line about 100 yards long. The line was there at 6:30 AM when I went to work, and later at 9:30 when I passed again after I had voted.
I've never seen anything like that since Reagan's re-election.

It's gonna be a long night for some folks.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
More estimating and trying to keep up on election news
Nothing to keep up with today. All the networks have the same loop repeating and will do so for days.

Every pundit and expert will be interviewed with the how comes and the whys of it. But none of that matters until the Democrats give up trying, or the GOP folds their hand.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went out looking for birds again. Let's just say that my balls were bigger than my brains. Lmao. Got it out with the winch. Saw 13 birds in total. Got my limit of 5.
74a084e4aa4babd41fd03f09d1c292ee.jpg
161576decdfa1a6121ec3f8f1fdd0021.jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Cleared my desk this morning, and then worked on the mini mini van, details in the tracked 4x4 section

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went out hunting again. Another 5 birds in the freezer. Came home and spent an hour with the pressure washer hosing mud off the side by side, trailer, and truck. After supper I'm tearing into the side by side installing a 2" lift. Tired of rubbing rocks on the trails and bottoming out.

jillcrate

I went for a walk today.......When I got to the park I saw more people there than I have in awhile....... Then I finally started my way home and finally got home about 20 minutes ago....

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Installed the lift kit on the side by side. I couldn't find anything suitable in stock online for that make so I opted to order a set of lift brackets for a Polaris rzr and modify them. In reality, a shock is a shock. A bolt is a bolt. A shock bracket is the same for most machines. It took 10 minutes per side for the front. The back brackets had to undergo reconstructive surgery with a chop saw to work. But it's done.
501f22a41855b54d14d88dede2e3c9f7.jpg
0e5e99d48520b7364b344e13e0a55171.jpg
ee293917b32f0299229fd1a1eaaa540a.jpg
9a03aac6d5e2b413a81cc687a68c170f.jpg
cf83fcaefe411f27f73cc81871a16002.jpg
70fe44176d592e3d1598cb4f6e2cc328.jpg

jillcrate

Wow seems you have had a busy day and its not even 12 yet!!

Good for you.......... I might go for a walk again later and end up at the park again..... I like to go walking and be out and about....

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The lovely Mrs_Bob and I took off for a couple hours.

Stopped at a large dairy farm and picked up some cheese from their shop.

E8571223-8-C36-4-BE3-9966-5-AB48-AC569-D9.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm freaking sick. I have not turned on a minute of news since noon on Nov 4th. The writing was on the wall when I saw Biden at 264. The man who could not fill a gymnasium with supporters got more votes than anyone in a presidential election ever. All those ballots that were sent to the address of a registered voter sure paid off. They played the corona virus to their advantage all the way through. I suppose some might call that smart. I call them cheaters.

I so hoped we could prove the country smarter than the MSM for the worthless lies they spread. To me it appears the MSM and the people behind the Dem curtain have stole the election. Thankfully it was not a blue wave but that they stole the election from a man who worked his butt off and deserved 4 more years more than any president of this century saddens me to the core. :soapbox:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I hear ya Doc, but I'm not giving up just yet.

Biden can pop the champagne, but is the vote certified?

Trump will try and use the law to "steal" back the election. I'm not all that worried.

Meanwhile I have an inventory to take.
Feeling kinda light on 44 Cal, 40 Cal and .225

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Church at 8:30am (Central time)

Pickup groceries from the Instatcart parking spot at the grocery store so I don't have to go inside. Pickup some supplies from the Target pickup parking spot so I don't have to go inside.

Covid is running rampant in Chicago, and by proxy my county is infested with the Chicago riffraff so we are extra careful when we go up to the big stores in the northern/suburan areas of our county.

Probably a motorcycle ride this afternoon?

BUT FIRST ... more coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.