• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Lenny. My son got his test results. Negative. Guess he just had a little virus and wife and I had a mini part of that. I feel fine. Still slight sore throat and headache but no biggie. If it wasn't for corona I would not even notice it or mention it.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Lenny. My son got his test results. Negative. Guess he just had a little virus and wife and I had a mini part of that. I feel fine. Still slight sore throat and headache but no biggie. If it wasn't for corona I would not even notice it or mention it.

Take the test when symptoms appear. Better to know than wonder.

Hint. The test hurts but is otherwise easy. Be sure you study hard so you pass.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I tested negative for the 4th time, last round.
I take it again on September 2nd.
It helps if you can do the test yourself, as you feel more in control.

No one seems to understand the feeling of anxiety many of us are having right now.
Then again, I've/we've never felt like something like a damn virus pulled a fast one on us.
We thought we were ahead of the game.
We weren't.
Just this very afternoon I heard the squad come up the drive and pull up over to the front doors.
I'm hoping it's something other than covid related.
Somehow I think not.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
P_G, it's like being in a war zone. At least you're getting combat pay....er....bonuses.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Going back to the lake today to finish camp/ We had mice of all things and I have to set up traps and a sonic repelling barrier.

Also fill a void around the flue pipes where I believe they came in.

I know I promised pictures. I'll get to them net week.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looking at more new stuff, and have already bought car seat, crib, and other stuff for the Grand child. I thought we were all done with this sort of stuff LOL! :smile:
When your close in location as we are to the kids, we end up being baby sitter a lot. Now it is full time since the day care the Grand Son is in has been infected with the virus. So we are now the defacto day care center for a couple of weeks.

Regards, Kirk

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Now it is full time since the day care the Grand Son is in has been infected with the virus. So we are now the defacto day care center for a couple of weeks.

Regards, Kirk

DANG Kirk! I hope that virus goes away soon. It's good that you are there for your Son and Grandson.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
DANG Kirk! I hope that virus goes away soon. It's good that you are there for your Son and Grandson.

Lenny I missed the Republican fund raiser we had in my county last night. Our Governor was the keynote speaker. I got there early with other committee members, and noticed the sign on the door that said masks strongly suggested, but not required. I called my daughter with the news, and after contributing to the county committee, I left. Other wise I was going to be in deep dodo with my daughter. I am told that there was little if any social distancing, and many with out masks. The virus is "hot" here right now, so not taking many chances.

Regards, Kirk

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The virus is "hot" here right now, so not taking many chances.

Regards, Kirk

That's wise. It's how we have been living for the past 6 months. We've been doing what we have to do but if we go somewhere and feel uncomfortable, we leave. Sitting up on our little hill at home we are perfectly safe but you can't live in total isolation. I think that you just have to be sensible about it.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Kirk, I admire you for doing the right thing.

The special guest at our annual county fundraiser is going to be South Dakota's Governor Kristi Noem. Unfortunately, I will be an a family wedding/reunion.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
P_G, it's like being in a war zone. At least you're getting combat pay....er....bonuses.

Yesterday felt like a war zone.
I was there for 14 hours and got home at midnight.
We lost three yesterday.
My gentleman and a very gracious and wonderful lady.
The third was not covid related.
One got sent back to the hospital because her stats were tanking.
Another gentleman is currently fighting hard, but he is not going to make it.

Our new N95's are wreaking havoc on my face. When I got up this morning the indentations were still visible on my cheeks.
The bridge of my nose looks sunburned.
Henry County is now at the top of the list for Ohio covid cases.
Not something I want to see.
It took off like wildfire and is having a domino effect.

I cannot wait for the day when this does not consume our every thought, every minute of every freaking damn day.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry you're having to go through that pg. I'm glad we took a proactive approach to the pandemic and kept our numbers low. I'm also glad that we kept our borders closed to help keep the shit show happening down south down south. We live 45 minutes from the border. Across it in both Minnesota and Wisconsin, the cases are increasing. Meanwhile we have 1 active case for a total population of over 200000 people covering an area of 800 square kms.

The good ole USA is always touting how they're number 1 at everything. Well now you're proving that you're number 1 at everything. Highest number of cases in the world.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We lost three yesterday.

Our new N95's are wreaking havoc on my face. When I got up this morning the indentations were still visible on my cheeks.

I cannot wait for the day when this does not consume our every thought, every minute of every freaking damn day.

Me too PG. I got my test results back. Negative as I suspected.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
We lost three yesterday.

The mental and physical strains put on you and your coworkers have to be overwhelming. I wish there was more I could say but I hope things get better.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been texting the girls over there since I got up this morning, Lenny.
Once again "shit show" is the word of the day.
I'm prepared.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been texting the girls over there since I got up this morning, Lenny.
Once again "shit show" is the word of the day.
I'm prepared.

Good Morning!

Attachments

• B99FD71D-E561-4054-82E2-BD98E6EA2ED9.gif
    B99FD71D-E561-4054-82E2-BD98E6EA2ED9.gif
    96.5 KB · Views: 75

J5 Bombardier

Sorry you're having to go through that pg. I'm glad we took a proactive approach to the pandemic and kept our numbers low. I'm also glad that we kept our borders closed to help keep the shit show happening down south down south. We live 45 minutes from the border. Across it in both Minnesota and Wisconsin, the cases are increasing. Meanwhile we have 1 active case for a total population of over 200000 people covering an area of 800 square kms.

The good ole USA is always touting how they're number 1 at everything. Well now you're proving that you're number 1 at everything. Highest number of cases in the world.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

With such a large population the United States is bound to have high numbers. I was just checking the numbers of deaths per million, USA 565 , UK 611 , Brazil 568, puts a lot of countries on a more level playing field. As for the Russians , Chinese and Pakistan numbers or many others you can't believe them. As for Canada we have been lucky , a little over 10 thousand deaths for 36 million people so far, many of those could have been avoided had we followed the likes of Taiwan and South Korea and clamped down on travel sooner. Our government didn't want to hurt the feelings of china.
J5 Bombardier

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
With such a large population the United States is bound to have high numbers. I was just checking the numbers of deaths per million, USA 565 , UK 611 , Brazil 568, puts a lot of countries on a more level playing field. As for the Russians , Chinese and Pakistan numbers or many others you can't believe them. As for Canada we have been lucky , a little over 10 thousand deaths for 36 million people so far, many of those could have been avoided had we followed the likes of Taiwan and South Korea and clamped down on travel sooner. Our government didn't want to hurt the feelings of china.

J5 Bombardier
I agree. Anywhere you look, the numbers are scued but on the whole, I think Canada and many other countries are way ahead of the good ole usa in terms of dealing with this in a strong unified way instead of sticking our heads in the sand and pretending it doesn't exist then saying the whole thing is a big conspiracy.

Anyways, I'm just glad we have a better handle on it.

Back to what I did today......

We got up and packed up at camp then headed home. We finally sold the old dinette table and chairs. I've been feeling like crap all weekend with my gallbladder acting up. For me to be in bed by 10pm at camp, I must not be feeling good.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
One of the things I had to do this weekend was assemble a large storage box we bought two/three years ago and never used. I opened the box to find NO INSTRUCTIONS~?!

It took hours sorting things by number of screw and number of holes but I finally got it assembled, with three long metal parts left over. I have no idea what they do and their holes match nothing in the plastic parts. 6 washers and about five assorted screws left as well.

Not one piece of duct tape either.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
After two days sitting in the house because of the heat and humidity, I went outside to assemble the 30-gallon sprayer that I bought at Tractor Supply on Friday. It was hot, humid and sweaty work though. For once all the parts were enclosed and it didn't take too long. I had to change the rear hitch on the Gator to accommodate the new sprayer. I filled it with water and tested it which took longer than it should have because I didn't see a shut off valve hidden underneath the sprayer. In the end it's all good. I think that this thing will work well for the yard and for occasional pasture use.

Man, I'm getting too old to be working in these kind of conditions. When I was younger I used to do it to prove to myself that I was still a "stud". These days I do it because no one else will and it has to be done. There's no ego involved now.

Franc, I did use duct tape on my assembly as a safety precaution. I don't trust flimsy plastic retaining clips.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yay.
I'm off for a few days now and can forget about COVID-19, calling family members, answering incoming calls from the health department, dealing with agency workers not showing up, and all the other bullcrap.
Yes, it's rough.
If this doesn't come to an end soon, I swear to God I am taking early retirement.
That is no joke.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure I could handle that pg. Sounds like a nightmare.

In other news, my step son's girlfriend is/was pregnant. They were down for a check up on Saturday. She was already 4cm dilated. So they had to stay at the hotel beside the hospital and wait it out. I got a missed call from him at 2:20am. I'm guessing I'm a grampa?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's been a nightmare, Brian.
I have to be careful of what I say now more than ever.

So...
Congratulations, Grampa.
:smile:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure I could handle that pg. Sounds like a nightmare.

In other news, my step son's girlfriend is/was pregnant. They were down for a check up on Saturday. She was already 4cm dilated. So they had to stay at the hotel beside the hospital and wait it out. I got a missed call from him at 2:20am. I'm guessing I'm a grampa?

It's been a nightmare, Brian.
I have to be careful of what I say now more than ever.

So...
Congratulations, Grampa.
:smile:

I can’t imagine being in your position PG :hammer:

Congrats Gramps!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got back from the hand surgeon.

He took the last stitch out. I didn't scream in pain, have chills or full body sweats this time.

Last week he took out 3 of the 4. 1st was no problem. A little tug and it was gone. 2nd, pretty much ditto. 3rd and I was swearing loud enough to be heard through the walls, almost passed out. Pretty sure I started going into shock. WTF.

So today he got stitch #4, which was the last of them. I was smart enough to drug myself and hour before going into the office. Started spurting blood, that was fun. He was not happy with the way I was stitched, he said they did it backwards, knot should have been on the other side of the wound. He said it worked, technically not wrong, just made removal awkward? I don't really know. Just know it was unpleasant but unlike last week this time there was no grown man screaming like a 12 year old little girl.

Have my hand on ice now. Feels like I have a needle stuck into the end of my thumb, but that should subside soon enough. I'm pretty sure that I'm just a horrible patient and a cry baby. So...

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got back from the hand surgeon.

He took the last stitch out. I didn't scream in pain, have chills or full body sweats this time.

Last week he took out 3 of the 4. 1st was no problem. A little tug and it was gone. 2nd, pretty much ditto. 3rd and I was swearing loud enough to be heard through the walls, almost passed out. Pretty sure I started going into shock. WTF.

So today he got stitch #4, which was the last of them. I was smart enough to drug myself and hour before going into the office. Started spurting blood, that was fun. He was not happy with the way I was stitched, he said they did it backwards, knot should have been on the other side of the wound. He said it worked, technically not wrong, just made removal awkward? I don't really know. Just know it was unpleasant but unlike last week this time there was no grown man screaming like a 12 year old little girl.

Have my hand on ice now. Feels like I have a needle stuck into the end of my thumb, but that should subside soon enough. I'm pretty sure that I'm just a horrible patient and a cry baby. So...

Sounds like fun MD. Just remember, if you cannot buck up to the pain, there is always scotch.:laugh3:

Status
Not open for further replies.