• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Lockdown

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Wtf is up with is up with kids these days. Today Mark's the third time this month that all the schools in the city are on lockdown because some kid made a threat online. Our kids were just getting to school when the lockdown took effect. The other two times, it ended up being some high school kid who made a threat so he didn't have to take a test that day. Our city has 115000 people. That's a lot of schools.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Kids have zero respect for authority or institution these days.
It speaks loudly of the times we are in now with kids and the type of environment they are brought up in.
Back in my day it was considered risque to call a grocery store asking if they had Prince Albert in a can type thing.
I'd have put the hammer down hard if either of my sons pulled such a stunt as the OP.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I totally agree. These kids making threats like that don't realize the impact they have on everyone. The last time my kids school was on lockdown, my daughter had a medical appointment that had been scheduled for months that I had to cancel and reschedule because I couldn't pick her up to attend it. So that was a month ago. And because I had to reschedule it, we can't get in until April which means that her prescription will run out before she gets to see the doctor. (I can't just call for a renewal either as the doctor is away until the end of March). We did jump through a few hoops and managed to get a short term renewal in the meantime.

Canadian eh!!!

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Politics of fear. A scared population will give up their independence to the government.

Down here it's all about gun control. The dems want to scare everyone into giving up their guns. I think Canada has a similar issue and they also tend to just follow in the footsteps of the U.S.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, time for an update. Today Mark's the tenth time since January the high school down the street from my place is shut down due to a miscellaneous call placed to crime stoppers. They were on lockdown yesterday as well and twice last week. So far, they don't have a confirmed suspect. However, elsewhere in the province, they were able to trace a bomb threat back to somewhere over in Europe. This is becoming a serious global problem. Today's threat also included another school in the city. What I find funny is that when they close the school near us,the students that can't return home go to the other school. Now they can't.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Called it. At 8:30 this morning I heard sirens going again. I told the lovely missus there was probably another bomb threat. I was right. Not long after we started getting automated messages from our kids 3 schools telling us they were going on lockdown again.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
As I was leaving the house 2 police drove by. Yep, another lockdown at the high school down the road. Fourth time this week.
69cedf63b6f8de3b805492069790b17f.jpg

Canadian eh!!!