• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Giving and having

Gunsrus

Marriage is two people sharing who they are with one another, supporting each other through think and things and building a life together. On the one hand, this is the giving part of a relationship. Husband and wife are there for one another and give what they can to help both do their very best.

On the other, I think the receiving part is getting a spouse for oneself. The man proposes to his girlfriend because he wants her to become his wife. Note the emphasis on "will you marry me?" The woman then spreads the word to her friends and says he proposed to me. I'm going to get married to him.

Also, how about the references? Ain't there a hint of selfishness? My husband, my wife, my children? My family? Ain't it fair to say that as much as married couples devote themselves to one another, that there are the elements of possession and self-satisfaction to a marriage?