• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Welcome......

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc said:
Bczoom,
There is a short time period to edit posts. I think it's 5 or 10 mins. If this seems too short I'll look into changing. it. Open to suggestions.

Also,
I set a setting within admin that says there is an indicator as to which posts you have posted in.

I vote for a bit more time to edit. Maybe an hour?

I believe the indicator for which threads you've posted in is the check mark at the end of the thread description. It may be coupled with the user setting on "Subscribed Threads".

I'll have to check on another forum (or you can check here). I think the red dot ties to invisible mode. I obviously can't see it being just a member. It can be confirmed by checking the "Who's online" as a moderator or admin. In the "Who's online", if there's an asterisk next to a name they're invisible. You then find someone who's invisible and check the color of the dot next to their name in any thread.

Brian

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Brian, thanks I got it now, must clicked summat unintentionally when I PMed him, I mean who would want to put John on their buddy list :confused: , ignore list maybe :rolleyes: . You know im only kidding :p

Man youre fire engines are so much cooler than ours, yours have all chrome and spangles, our are just boring red. :( And dont you just NEED one of those cool claws, I could chase people round in the street with it, or mount it on my tractor to scare rabbits and deer, wait, I could graft it onto my arm and have a huge claw like that guy of James Bond, awwww yeaaaa, Bone, I know what im gunna be asking from you for my birthday :D

One other thing, how about a funny pictures forum, I reckon we could fill a whole forum with em :cool:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
DaveNay said:
Wanders into the forum with drink in one hand and his invitation in the other.....who's checking ID in this place?

...and the best entrance award goes to: DaveNay!!!!

Welcome Dave!

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
bczoom said:
Bonehead,

Welcome!!

Mith/John,

I've kept out of the Scot's jokes and such so I don't become part of the fray but do feel I'm qualified to run with this pack.
I come from a Scottish heritige and a descendant of Deacon William Brodie. (That's the guy that was the inspiration for Robert Lewis Stephenson's book Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde). Here's a pic of his castle (near Inverness). http://www.castles.org/Chatelaine/BRODIE.HTM

Brian

Brian; Well jiffiny foofoo!! Great! Mith gets the best of me at times I'm afraid, but I've ney problem with a backup. Ahh, now about Jekyl and Hyde. :eek: Hope those tendencies aren't common in your family any more! :p

Neat castle, an old girlfriend of mine was from the LaMont clan [pronounced lam-it] Her family owned the Castle Lyon, one of the most haunted castles in Scotland I was told. Even saw it on the discovery channel once. Her maiden name was Lyon by the way. :cool:
My grandmother came from outside Edinburgh in the 1930's, from a place called Blackburn. I'm of the Craig Clan. Not a real big one, but it is a clan in it's own right. :)

BoneheadNW

johnday-

A question and a comment. No disrespect to your wife, but a girlfriend whose family owns a castle is a little hard to pass up, if you know what I mean, nudge nudge, wink wink. What happened to her? Did she have haggas breath or something? (That was two questions).

Now the comment. I guess any clan but the KK clan would be OK to be from, although there might be other non-desireable clans out there. Just my opinion, of course.

Bonehead

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Bone; Well after 3 years, and I had no desire to be remarried at that time, I reckon her clock said to get rid of me. Actually, she's a very nice person, things just didn't work out. ;)
Yeah, you right about the clans for sure. That KK one is no better than the fools they hate. Kinda like Jesse Limbaugh and Rush Jackson. :eek:

I can't beleive I'm gonna get by with that one, Free at Last!! :rolleyes: :eek: :D

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
wELL acutally I am having a rum and coke right now. God rum from the caribeen. and it seems to be stongr than what me is used tooo. might help if i put some coke in it

murph

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
thcri said:
wELL acutally I am having a rum and coke right now. God rum from the caribeen. and it seems to be stongr than what me is used tooo. might help if i put some coke in it

murph

I've carried about 20 bottles of that Cruzan rum home over the years from St. Thomas. This last trip I bought the flavored stuff. You don't need to mix it, just serve ice cold. The problem is obvious; it sort of comes on hard and fast.:eek: :D

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
thcri said:
might help if i put some coke in it

murph

I see murph now...

Attachments

• DoctorSaid.jpg
    DoctorSaid.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 2,218

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Dargo said:
I've carried about 20 bottles of that Cruzan rum home over the years from St. Thomas. This last trip I bought the flavored stuff. You don't need to mix it, just serve ice cold. The problem is obvious; it sort of comes on hard and fast.:eek: :D

This stuff is called Brugal and it is brutal. Wow, potent. I feel much better today though.

murph

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Doc said:
...and the best entrance award goes to: DaveNay!!!!

Welcome Dave!

Awww....thanks! Currently my drink of choice is Makers Mark with a splash of mineral water.

Dave

PineRidge

Back From the Dead
Hmmmm another site, and another opportunity to take a jab at Junk. Can't go wrong with that scenerio. Will my posts get deleted for doing so? :rolleyes:

Thanks for letting me in on the fun guys.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Junkman,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time and trouble to have another gathering place online. I've pretty well fled the other place because I've managed to have a pretty high percentage of my posts deleted on the "other" place because I have a habit of posting factual posts with documentation to support the facts.

Will I get deleted or booted here for such, or do I have to lie?:eek: :D

Yeah, I know, my very first post was a rather "unflattering" picture of Bob showing that a grade 70 chain will indeed hold a cross around your neck while you are wearing Speedo's only.:)

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo,
Welcome to our little corner on the web! I'm Moon (aka Moon of Ohio) on the other site. Sure glad to see you join our little band of rebels .....but it appears to me we're getting most of the TBN elite here. Awesome.

bczoom,
We'll all prosper in an open exchange of information & jokes without wondering if your post will be there when you come back. And maybe we'll prosper in a monetary sense if we all go together and buy a winning lottery ticket.

Thanks all for your contributions here. That is the only way we have a chance of getting this site to work. You all are great!

BoneheadNW

Doc said:
And maybe we'll prosper in a monetary sense if we all go together and buy a winning lottery ticket.

I keep buying the lottery ticket 00 00 00 00 00 with bonus number 00, but haven't had any luck yet. Anyone want to go in with me?

Bonehead

LarryRB

As always, I am a day late and dollar short. I appreciate the invite and look forward to another new and perhpas better forum.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome Larry!!!! Glad you could join us.
We're going to treat everyone as adults with differing opinions and all. Hopefully it will work ..... We sure have some quality folks to start with so we're off to a great start. And no complaints yet. Very cool!

OkeeDon

I'd pretty much decided to swear off all forums because I was tired of being the lonely liberal and being covered with undeserved feces for it, but I'll give this a try. At least, here, it looks like the intent is to let everyone have their say, not just delete the posts of those who buck the conventional wisdom. Besides, I like the people here.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Don,

Your joining did catch me a bit off guard with the likes of Bob and I already here but we do need at least one liberal here to get both sides of the story.

Glad to see you here.
Brian

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OkeeDon! Welcome! Glad to see your giving us a try. I agree with Brian, we need folks like you here to keep it interesting. I like seeing both sides of an issue.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OkeeDon said:
I'd pretty much decided to swear off all forums because I was tired of being the lonely liberal and being covered with undeserved feces for it, but I'll give this a try. At least, here, it looks like the intent is to let everyone have their say, not just delete the posts of those who buck the conventional wisdom. Besides, I like the people here.

Don thanks for joining. We needed to fill our "token liberal" quota to get federal funding for this site:eek::eek::eek:

Ok in all seriousness, I love to have political debates but on TBN it just gets too crazy with all sorts of tempers flaring. I think friends can have political discussions and disagreements and still respect the other person for who they are. The concept of agree to disagree. But the key word there is friends. This forum was founded to deal with things that the other forum cannot and should not really deal with, and from what I can see, most of us who are here are actually on each other's private email lists too and the ones who are not are some of the more level headed folks from the other site.

At least on these forums I think that it is fair to say that Ted Kennedy's left wing buddiess can sit at the same table as the folks like me who make Attila the Hun look positively angelic.

And I welcome that on this site. On the other site, not so much.:)

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob, I think OkeeDon will fit great with us. He has already noticed that Bczoom, you and I don't exactly fit the greedy, non-companionate conservative stereotype. We have all been caught doing some rather "un-stereotypical" things for being conservatives.:eek:

I think we CAN actually have debates and still remain respectful friends whether we agree or disagree. I just hope we don't get a lot of the quotes from Jeremy Glick (President Bush orchestrated 9/11) or Michael Moore (see, Busch really did orchestrate 9/11) here.:eek:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo said:
I don't exactly fit the greedy, non-companionate conservative stereotype. We have all been caught doing some rather "un-stereotypical" things for being conservatives.:eek:

I think maybe we may be far more typical than most would want to believe. The concept of conservative, at least to me, dictates that I do exactly the types of things that I have been doing, which is private sector generosity in place of public sector.

Consider what I am doing down in New Orleans. My guys are down there teaching. The crews I have scheduled to follow them are teaching crews. I think it goes with the concept of "give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, but TEACH a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Now I admit that my generosity is limited to trying to help maybe a 100 to 150 people but it is what I can do. And I'm actively collecting money to fund a foundation that will be ongoing, got more donations today (minimum I'm asking for is $1000) to fund future relief efforts. We've set up the framework to allow for direct assistance of needy employees as well as to do future 'emergency fly in support' like we are doing right now in N.O.

All of it seems like it fits into the 'conservative' definition. What does not fit into the 'conservative' definition is the concept of federal support. And I still stand by the fact that the federal government should be the last recource and by law is not even allowed to go in to an area without an invitation from the state. Further, I think that is appropriate. But I also think it is reasonable to suggest that cities and states must mobilize first, and often in advance. Now in a disaster the scope of this one, and let's all be real honest that we have not seen one like this in 2 life times, the federal government must step up. But let's also realize that that while no other agency has the resources to do what the federal agencies can do, there are still laws that we have to uphold state's rights and soverenty. And those laws have hampered the federal effort, but they are still valid laws that must be considered.

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
I'm here, thanks for the invite Junk. I will do my best to bring something utterly tacky to the conversation.

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
"...because I have a habit of posting factual posts with documentation to support the facts."

You say that like it's a bad thing...!

Thanks for the invite Junker, and thank you Doc for "fixing me up".
Glad to be here. And after previewing the posts, it's nice to know my post won't (probably) get deleted for typing "D#mn".

Ah well, let's all have some fun! We could get some rolls of toilet paper and some night when it's real dark we could sneak over to the other site and...nah. Better just forget that before I become the first one to have a post deleted here.

Yee Haw!

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc , Thanks for taking the time ,and effort to make this site .
From what I can see so far all the members here are the posters from the other forum whoes opinions I respect the most . Hopefully I'll be able to add something to this site . If not I'll stay under my rock and learn . John