• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Just Ask Jack

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jack sets his alarm

(MADE IN JAPAN)
for 6 am. while his coffeepot
(MADE IN CHINA)
was perking, he shaved with his electric razor
(MADE IN HONG KONG)
He put on a dress shirt
(MADE IN SRI LANKA)
designer jeans
(MADE IN SINGAPORE)
and tennis shoes
(MADE IN KOREA).
After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet
(MADE IN INDIA)
he sat down with his calculator
(MADE IN MEXICO)
to see how much he could spend today. After setting his watch
(MADE IN TAIWAN)
to the radio
(MADE IN INDIA)
he got in his car
(MADE IN GERMANY)
filled it with GAS
(from Saudi Arabia)
and continued his search
for a good paying AMERICAN JOB.
At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day checking his Computer
( made in MALAYSIA)
John decided to relax for a while. He put on his sandals
(MADE IN BRAZIL)
poured himself a glass of wine
(MADE IN FRANCE)
and turned on hisTV
(MADE IN INDONESIA)
and then wondered why he can't find
a good paying job in AMERICA

AND NOW HE'S HOPING HE CAN GET HELP FROM A PRESIDENT MADE IN KENYA

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Sad but true yes.

The bigger question, is how to reverse this backwards slide?

My son is an active Boy Scout; I am an Asst Scoutmaster. Even the Boy Scouts of America uniforms are made elsewhere now!

I saw a little blurb on this; it is possible:
http://abcnews.go.com/WN/MadeInAmerica/

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My son is an active Boy Scout; I am an Asst Scoutmaster. Even the Boy Scouts of America uniforms are made elsewhere now!
Damn it. I just checked mine as well. My leader uniform is made in Bangladesh and my son's is made in the Dominican Republic. Grrrr.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe if corporate America would keep the jobs at home?
...and just how do YOU propose they accomplish this and still maintain/increase profitability while the economy is in the dumper and the Board of Directors and shareholders are demanding lower cost and higher returns? Investors don't give a shit if your belly is growling or if you drive a beater. They want their return on investment at any cost. Who in this country will work 12 hour days for $1-$2 per day? Are you willing to do so? Consumers demand affordable prices while trying to maintain their homes and putting $4/gal gas in their cars just to get back and forth to work (those with jobs), not to mention feeding their families with food that gets more expensive every day because of a devalued dollar (thanks Fed) and because the treehuggers convinced the idiot politicians to demand we put fucking food (corn) in our gas tanks instead of our bellies. They don't tell you about the piss poor mileage from corn and exorbitant cost to make their love juice (ethanol). I ask again...how do YOU propose to accomplish keeping jobs at home, and still keep things affordable?

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
We're too expensive, or tied to regulation that other countries are not.

I was thinking a while back, odd subject , but the Pittsburgh Steelers. Is there any steel production around Pittsburgh? Is it all gone?

Some months ago, I read an article about the new Bay Bridge in the San Francisco/Oakland Bay area. They are shipping the pieces from China! I wrote DOT a letter. They actually replied... They indicated they put it out for bid, but no American companies put in a bid. They used to make ships there, cars there, but now, no. So there they put together pieces from China, right next to the aging original Bay Bridge, that was built with American Steel, in America.

Maybe if corporate America would keep the jobs at home?