• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fall Has Arrived

BoneheadNW

Don't know about you guys, but fall has finally arrived in full force.
Bone

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 85

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
We are actually having a monsoon. It has rained or snowed just about everyday two weeks running. Farmers cannot get their equipment in the field to get the crops out and once they do everything will have to be dried. The beans some are already puffing up.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
We dodged that one. A few sprinkles and it is actually warm out. I think it will rain more tomorrow. I felt fall last week. It was cold and windy here.

BoneheadNW

We dodged that one. A few sprinkles and it is actually warm out. I think it will rain more tomorrow. I felt fall last week. It was cold and windy here.
I had heard that you were going to get hit harder than us on this one.
Bone

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Wow! you're getting hammered.

We had the remainder of that Phillipines storm pass over Tuesday. 3 inches of rain fell at home in the Central Valley, where normal seasonal total is 19 inches.

The wind covered the streets in town with debris. That junk on the near right blew out of my oak tree in the back yard, and there's another VW-sized pile offstage left as well. The neighbor across the street had a mess too.
P1550220rStormDebris-gutter.JPG

And 4 inches fell at the ranch, out nearer the coast. It must have been all at once, because I've never seen so much topsoil wash downhill. Last weekend this was dusty disced ground, now after I got here I see the furrows were running with mud.
P1550233rjackrabbit.JPG

This was far from The Big One, but it's fair to call it a Fairly Big One. Especially for the first storm of the season.

Now today the storm is gone and its back to late summer again, sunny and near 80.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Is that a jackalope?

Chance of snow flurries here tomorrow. I have to winterize the houseboat tomorrow. Gonna be cold for that . We didn't have a fall season we went from summer to winter. :eek: I still have hopes for a little bit of indian summer.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I think Indian summer forgot about us Buckeyes this year Doc.
We were supposed to get snow today, but it never happened.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Is that a jackalope?
He looks like one, especially in that picture! Here's another. Blacktail jackrabbit, Lepus californicus, actually. Do you have them there?

The new neighbor must be feeding them. I've never seen any response aside from them fleeing, but today this little guy walked half the distance toward me then sat down for that portrait. Then he sniffed around on the ground like I was supposed to toss something to him. Then he walked off. But as soon as I took a step to follow him, he left at full speed.

Thanks PG!

P1550246rBlacktailJackrabbit.JPG

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Geez Chris, you have peacocks and jackrabbits walking around on your property, wanting to make friends.
That must be like paradise.
Love the pics you share my dear. :)

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I drove home from Delaware last night and Cresson Mountain (west central PA) was covered in snow and it was 33F. I'm not ready for thus!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We have 4-6 inches of snow on the ground and it is still coming down. sucks for cutting wood.