• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Did you watch?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It was tempting but I resisted the urge to watch even one second of the Super Bowl. I'm proud of myself. How bout you?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Wife watching, I am not. She is yelling for the Pats and I do not give a shit. I'm proud as hell too. Screw the NFL. Good for you Doc!! Kudos.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Nope, I've already my spoken my piece about those worthless "po' lil' rich boys"!!
Mike

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Some 'friends' that swore off the NFL and were not going to watch, broke down and watched. I kept busy online stereo shopping for the Pioneer. And popping in on the forums of course. Worked for me. :D

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, I watched it and enjoyed it. It was probably the most entertaining Superbowl that I have ever seen. The game will probably go down as a classic. Go on, flame me. I don't care. :bolt:

Pink did an excellent job of singing the national Anthem. Congratulations to her.

Even the half time show wasn't its usual disaster. Who's Justin Timberlake??? It's okay. I know who he is. I can honestly say that I never liked him too much but he wasn't bad on this occasion and it was visually spectacular.

The commercials were okay for the most part and some were very, very good.

All in all, the whole thing was a great spectacle and I'm glad that I saw it.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Pretty much the same as what Frank said. As long as it is "free" (over the air) - I'll watch it.

I had no dog in the fight so I was glad it was a close and entertaining game.

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
DVR'ed the whole game. I watched the play by play and fast forwarded through the commercials and half time show. The opening songs (America The Beautiful and Star Spangled Banner were great.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was watching something else but my wife and daughter came in and wanted to know who won so we watched the last minute of play. We were all happy Phila won.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I have never had any use for football. If I want to watch some guys get beat up and dirty, I'll watch bull riding :)

I do actually follow the Professional Bull Riders on TV. They are some genuine, nice, generally God respecting men between 19 and 38 years old.
They go through a whole lot more physical abuse for way, way less money with much less padding on.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
No. Not for at least 15 years now.
Millionaires playing games. Phhtt...

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Was that yesterday? Damn, I missed it again ... being an indispensable part of the community can really eat up personal time. (I had to floss my neighbors' gerbil.)

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
A few years ago, I completely missed the "wardrobe malfunction.":unsure:

Last year I missed the bad halftime performance:wink:

This year I missed the kneeling demonstration nobody saw anyways:hammer:

I missed all these great moments of football because,,,; I have never given a Tinker's damn about the game of football:yum:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
A number of years ago we had the opportunity to meet and chat with Jim Eisenreich of the KC Royals. He asked me how many games we attended in an average year and I told him the truth: zero. He then asked why, and in a moment of weakness I told the truth - when he was willing to drive an hour to Topeka, pay an outrageous fee for parking, and then pay another outrageous sum to sit on an incredibly uncomfortable seat in order to watch me work at my job for a couple of hours, then I'd consider doing the same for him.

Not surprisingly, he walked off to talk to another family at that point.

In my never-humble opinion, the phrase "professional sports" is an oxymoron!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not even the cfl. I never saw the appeal of a bunch of overpaid black men beating each other up over a ball. Same goes for hockey.