Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Off Topic Forums > The Mistake Forum

The Mistake Forum Opps!! Mistakes, Mishaps & Broke stuff

Old 09-08-2014, 02:59 PM
Silver Member

Leni will become famous soon enough
Default Dryer

I really pulled a boo boo this time. I was cleaning out my lint trap and the gaget that holds it. Lint had built up quite a bit under the trap. So I pulled out my trusty vacuum cleaner and the gadget that reaches way down in to get the lint that gets past the trap. Got inturrupted. Lots going on. Getting ready to go to the beach for a week. I start the dryer and a short time later it is making a horrible noise. I had forgotten to put the trap back into the dryer and it had swallowed a sock and was trying for a second. I can't even see the first sock. Now it's a call to the place where I bought it to get the darn thing serviced. At least it's still under warrenty but I don't know if that covers stupidity.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:21 PM
worn out farmer

muleman is just really nicemuleman is just really nicemuleman is just really nicemuleman is just really nice
Default Re: Dryer

They really are not hard to service and clean out. I have done quite a few over the years. It is most likely jammed in the blower fan. You have to take the belt off the pulley to pull the drum out of some units. I take mine apart every few years to clean the lint out anyway.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:55 PM
Silver Member

That's good to hear because this is not covered under the warrenty that we have.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:26 PM
Silver Member

I FINALLY have a working dryer again. I was right, the darn thing swallowed a sock. It was wrapped around the blower fan just as you said Muley. The last two days I've been hanging up stuff to dry where ever I could find a place. It was 110 so it didn't take long for them to dry.