• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

TV wall mount recommendation request

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a 32" flat screen TV that will need to be mounted to the wall due to a change in furniture.

I have not heard any horror stories about wall mounting TV's but still I'm a little leery of the process. I want to be sure to get a tried and true version of a wall mount and hoping some of you guys have experience int that department.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I bought a couple at TARGET and can't recall the brand but they worked.

Still working.

Nothing falling off the walls.

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I bought a standard kit from Best Buy. It's a simple installation. Just be sure to screw into the studs. I suppose you could use drywall anchors but we know mounting to the studs is a sure thing.

The only problem we had was getting an electrical outlet behind the TV. The rest was easy.

Bob

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The one I have for a 23" was obtained from Monoprice. I think I paid $12.95 on sale. The ones I priced from some of the box stores were outrageous in price. Also look at InlandUS. Oh yeah that was for a tilt and swivel arm mount.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
I used this one for a very heavy (50+ lbs.) 37" LCD: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0972683275/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com: VideoSecu 24" Long Arm TV Wall Mount Low Profile Full Motion Cantilever Swing & Tilt wall bracket for most 22" to 55" LED LCD TV Monitor Flat Panel Screen VESA 200x200 400x400 up to 600x400mm - Articulating Arm Extend up to 24" MAH: Electronics[/ame]

Works great!

jwstewar

I've bought some from ebay, some from www.firefold.com, some from closeout stores for as little as $5. All have worked just fine for their intended purpose. Meaning some needed to rotate, swivel, and/or tilt, or some just hang there.:yum: I guess what I'm trying to say is, just get one that weight rating matches the weight of your TV that moves the way you want. Then anchor it to the studs and be done with it. Don't get caught up in the "Oh, this one is better because it is $299." when the $20 will work just as well.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The new furniture is not in place yet but I know I need one that articulates and extends. I don't have a best buy or target nearby so the Amazon one JP posted with the 24" arm looks good. Amazon also has a Cheetah mount that has a 20" arm that looks good and would work for the TV I want to mount.

I've procrastinated on this long enough as I did not like the idea of a TV hanging from the wall but with the comments here plus the ones on Amazon it seems to be easy peezy. Thanks All!!!!!!!!