• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Anyone knowledgable about concrete out there?

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
I have brick front steps. There are three steps. The top an bottom steps are fine, The middle step disintegrated. All of the cement came apart. I took all the bricks out chopped the remains of the cement off them, Cleaned them up and reset them.

Being the sloppy individual that I sometimes am, I got mortar on some of the brickfaces. Is there any way to get it off? Wire brush?

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
If it hasn't set up, you should be able to just use a heavy damp sponge (like grouting tile).

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Muratic Acid will help . Also a chisel and wire brush .

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
If it is already hard you need a wide brick chisel to clean most of it off. Then a wire wheel in a drill will get the rest off. They make a stone for cleaning up mortar also but they are expensive for a small job. I have one I use to clean block when I build walls. If you are in a cold climate most times it will freeze and come off next winter.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, I am in a cold climate. That may help.

It is hard already.

I will try the wire wheel and brush. It is very thin, I don't think I will need the chisel.

Thank you all for the advise.