• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Am I the only one that abhors the word "prolly"?

K

kermit2

What is it with this laziness to type out words in forums?
I'm a hunt and peck type guy, but I still try to type out whole words. It's spelled P-R-O-B-A-B-L-Y! It's no surprise the military is having a hard time finding high school grads that can pass the entry exam.
When China takes us over they are going to have a hell of a time translating a lot of our interactions
Here's a link for the challenged
.http://www.internetslang.com/PROLLY.asp

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Just another form of laziness for sure. Or they don't know how to spell and are too dumb to use spell check.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Just another form of laziness for sure. Or they don't know how to spell and are too dumb to use spell check.

I resemble that remark but I dont do it because I,m lazy thats just how I spell certain words , But its spely Problly just like it sounds :biggrin:

Noooo...I hate prolly too! And another one is your and you're.:mad:

Guilty there too . Soon as I find that magic key I,ll put my little hoopy do,s on top where they belong . Still Problly be in the wrong place though . :biggrin:

Trakternut

You're prolly right, Ohio.

Oh, BTW, Kermit, I do want you to know that I am not making fun of you, please know that. I'm just having fun with this word you hate so much. You, Sir, I respect!

I resemble that remark but I dont do it because I,m lazy thats just how I spell certain words , But its spely Problly just like it sounds :biggrin:

Guilty there too . Soon as I find that magic key I,ll put my little hoopy do,s on top where they belong . Still Problly be in the wrong place though . :biggrin:

That's ok. Even though it drives me nuts, I still like ya.:smile:

K

kermit2

WTF,(wait til friday) SIGGYGCIYS,(Santa is gonna give you guys coal in your stockings.)

BTW, WM looking for BBWF interested in a little HKLSFCW and WTVAN. text 555-555-5555.
:brows::brows:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
WTF,(wait til friday) SIGGYGCIYS,(Santa is gonna give you guys coal in your stockings.)

BTW, WM looking for BBWF interested in a little HKLSFCW and WTVAN. text 555-555-5555.
:brows::brows:
Hello Kermie!
Yeah, I can't stand "prolly" either, or your and you're.. to and too, lose and loose.
WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT? :yum:
BFD? IDK........ :brows:
LOL< AWFL

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Prolly is not a word is it? So, i just take it as someone who can't spell.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Prolly is not a word is it? So, i just take it as someone who can't spell.
Or that can but are so used to be lazy by texting they carry it over onto these types of forums . I see others do it here all of the time . Not knowing proper spellin or grammer to me is not a fault IMO .

Some of us really do try , others that know how to not so much . Maybe the government should step in & make sure every word is spelt correctlly . Sorry But I aint never been a big fan of those that pick on those that cant on forums of these types & some of the really educated I helped put through school through my taxes . can pick & choose when they want to take the time to do it correctlly . Sorry just the way I see it . :wink:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not too fond of "prolly" but the one that really pisses me off is "Xmas". WTF is an "Xmas"? :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

But you have no problem with WTF Frank , Hell I never even knew what that stood for untill I joined a few forums but it sure seems to be acceptable . Just sayin :biggrin:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Or that can but are so used to be lazy by texting they carry it over onto these types of forums . I see others do it here all of the time . Not knowing proper spellin or grammer to me is not a fault IMO .

Some of us really do try , others that know how to not so much . Maybe the government should step in & make sure every word is spelt correctlly . Sorry But I aint never been a big fan of those that pick on those that cant on forums of these types & some of the really educated I helped put through school through my taxes . can pick & choose when they want to take the time to do it correctlly . Sorry just the way I see it . :wink:
Cowboy, you took a ribbin' here when you first joined.
'Fact of the matter is, you are now one of the most loved and treasured members here.
So, it don,t matter at all how you spell or what you say.
I joke about the spelling a lot and certainly do make my share of typos (that I have to correct, thanks to spell chick):yum:
Nothing anyone posts is hard to decif.. deciph.. ummm.. interpret.. for those of us who care to actually read the posts of other members.
You rock, Cowpoke.
Don't ever forget it.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I AM EXEMPT!!!! Read my signature line ..

See I told ya !!!:biggrin:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I might be wrong (again), but I thought there was an unwritten rule on FF that we don't attack posters for their use or misuse of the English language, and especially no attacks for spelling. We don't know who may suffer from conditions that preclude them from communicating their thoughts into words that are spelled correctly or are 100% coherent, so language and spelling have always been overlooked here. Someone correct me if I'm wrong (again).

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I might be wrong (again), but I thought there was an unwritten rule on FF that we don't attack posters for their use or misuse of the English language, and especially no attacks for spelling. We don't know who may suffer from conditions that preclude them from communicating their thoughts into words that are spelled correctly or are 100% coherent, so language and spelling have always been overlooked here. Someone correct me if I'm wrong (again).

I got this handled Jev . You are suppose to be in the kitchen baking me something really tasty :biggrin:!!! Now get back in there !:wink:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I got this handled Jev . You are suppose to be in the kitchen baking me something really tasty :biggrin:!!! Now get back in there !:wink:

Jev, get out of Al's bathroom while he's sitting on his throne!

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Great !!! Just what I need tonight .... Comments from the cheap seats .:yum::yum:

Nechápte ma začal Al. Nie som ani v blízkosti lacné miesto. Zvyšok komentára je len smeti vyplniť dĺžku, takže to vyzerá dlhšie, než to je. Týmto spôsobom si myslíte, že som povedal niečo naozaj hlboké miesto kecy, že je naozaj tu.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
All of a sudden I feel like the kitchen bitch...sorry to disrupt your dump, Al.:w00t2::w00t2:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

Show off! :yum:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Nechápte ma začal Al. Nie som ani v blízkosti lacné miesto. Zvyšok komentára je len smeti vyplniť dĺžku, takže to vyzerá dlhšie, než to je. Týmto spôsobom si myslíte, že som povedal niečo naozaj hlboké miesto kecy, že je naozaj tu.
Now we got us a refugee. Press one for English....Press two for fucking refugees too lazy to learn English...